Helloo...
Uhm i just downloaded Audacity onto my new computer (Vista Home Premium), and I'm trying to record some riffs and sh*t.. but when I do record, it work fine but then sound from the right speaker doesnt come out when nothing is wrong with the speaker. When I pan sound to the left, it works, then to the right.. no sound comes out, basically a second volume option.
Theres 2 tracks, and I only see data on the top track (half) of that one track I recorded on..
any suggestions? please =)
R.I.P. Witold "Vitek" Kiełtyka and Dimebag Darrell.

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w
Oh, and the device i'm using is called... "Realtek HD Audio Manager" if that helps at all.

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w
are you plugging in mono or stereo?
if you are recording on a stereo track and are plugged in mono, it will only record to one side
Quote by Unourrit01
are you plugging in mono or stereo?
if you are recording on a stereo track and are plugged in mono, it will only record to one side

i'm not certain. Is this on Audacity you're talking about? How do I know which i'm plugging into?

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w
you're recording in stereo but sending a mono signal.
click on the name of the track so it opens up the drop down menu, and click "split stereo track."
delete the bottom (empty) track and then on the top track open up the drop down menu again and click "mono"
Quote by kidsthesedays
you're recording in stereo but sending a mono signal.
click on the name of the track so it opens up the drop down menu, and click "split stereo track."
delete the bottom (empty) track and then on the top track open up the drop down menu again and click "mono"

Sweet. It works. Thank you so much =)

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w