im looking for an amp with a good tone. Got a marshall mg and not impressed. i play mainly hard rock and was looking for one in a 200 dollar limit. Thanks
Crate V series, Blackhearts, or an Epi Valve Jr?

I'm pretty sure all three would require some kind of distortion or OD pedal to get a little more gain, but that should work for you.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
i use distortion pedals but was unsure on what to get. after that mg im sorta gonna be picky lol
If you wanted a little more gain and like the overdrive and breakup on any of those amps (they're all tube amps, so they're going to get pretty loud once you crank them), you could actually use a clean boost like an MXR Micro Amp or BBE Boosta Grande on one of those amps, but if you're going to be playing at bedroom levels (and for more control of your sound in general with a 5 watt tube amp like those), I'd get a distortion pedal.

I'd personally suggest a Fulltone GT-500 (good all-purpose pedal, will do pretty much anything except modern metal), or a MI Audio Crunch Box (just because it's awesome.)
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1
If you use a distortion pedal then the Crate V-series should suit you really well. Nice clean channels, and sub par dirt.
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
one more thing what about the new 30 peavy vyper was lookin into those but not sure about them
The Vypyr's are pretty good, they're modeling amps, so you can definitely get more than one sound out of them.

My only beef with them is that they sound a little harsh and digital at times, but not NEARLY as bad as something like a Spider III.

I like Roland Cubes over Vypyrs though, so you might check that out.

Try one out and see if it floats your boat
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1
for the most part i would like to use distortion pedals i just plugged my pedal into my audio card and realised my amp sounds like crap and a versatile amp is sorta what im lookin for though