I am looking at getting an Agile Valkyrie, but when I get it I would like to do a coil split mod. I wasn't sure if they came with 4 wires or not, so I was wondering if it would be a waste of time to do anything with the stock pickups. Also, I was looking around and found the GFS website. Both the Dream 180s and the Vintage 59s caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with those pickups. The Vintage 59s advertise that they have 4 wires for coil tapping, but the Dream 180s do not say anything about it. Do the Dream 180s have 4 wires as well?
the pickups that came in my agile septor 7 had 4 conductor pickups and was already equipped with a coil splitter via a push/pull tone knob.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I have an Agile PS-900 and I set a coil-splittable Vintage '59 in the neck a few months ago, sounds a million times better than the stock IMO. Not sure about how the Valkyrie's stock pickups are though. I think the Dream 180s have 4 wires, but I'd definitely e-mail them to be sure, they're usually pretty helpful.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Thanks for the help. I figured the stock pickups were not going to be anything special. So between the 59s and the 180s which ones would you guys suggest?
Last edited by strekship at Dec 14, 2008,
Anyone else have experience with GFS pickups? I know they are not the greatest things ever, I am just looking for something better than stock.