Page 1 of 2
yes
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
I'm not surprised, Petrucci is 100x better.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
"It might be a seeein..."
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Yeah, he's very good but I'm far more impressed with him for being willing to have sex with Nicole Kidman.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, he's very good but I'm far more impressed with him for being willing to have sex with Nicole Kidman.

I'd take her any day!
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

damn...

The only thing that comrforted me being an average car player was always being beter than country artist....

i quit.

for those metl heads out there he bust into crazy train at 4:16
Last edited by negativecreep77 at Dec 13, 2008,
i didn't know he was that good, he's far beyond the average country frontman you strums chods on an acoustic thile the actual guitarist plays in the back
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by rworsl
I'd take her any day!

Hey man, long time no see

And look, I am all for appreciating the taste of others. I just have to say that it looks like parts of her face are glued on. It looks like she's a a puzzle that was put together impatiently by someone who forced the wrong pieces to fit where they don't belong because of frustration.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

The reason no one ever thinks about the skill country musicians have is because i cant really see many people here being country fans.

Brad Paisely is an amazing player as well, also has a CRAZY telecaster connection.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
yes but country isnt a genre that people expect to see amazing guitar playing

If that is so then they would be guilty of ignorance. Country is known for having countless insane players who have always been able to supply an endless supply of hot licks. I don't like country, but I will always be quick to admit that.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Hey man, long time no see

And look, I am all for appreciating the taste of others. I just have to say that it looks like parts of her face are glued on. It looks like she's a a puzzle that was put together impatiently by someone who forced the wrong pieces to fit where they don't belong because of frustration.

Well, when I talk about her, I'm talking about her during the "Moulin rouge" time

Rawr...
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
Well, when I talk about her, I'm talking about her during the "Moulin rouge" time

Rawr...

I don't recall. All I see is that music video for the soundtrack with Mya in it. Because I have what the commoners refer to as "jungle fever" all I can see is her juicy ass vibrating vigorously to the beat.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I was always impressed with the picking country artists could do but never liked country. Mixed with rock though, it's awesome. That was thoroughly impressive.
Feed your mind.
Yeah there are a few killer players in country music, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley have already been mentioned. People overlook them just because of their genre unfortunately.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by dmiwshicldply
yes but country isnt a genre that people expect to see amazing guitar playing

but this is a punk song
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by dmiwshicldply
i knew he was good but i didnt know he was that good

Yeah.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Firebread
I was always impressed with the picking country artists could do but never liked country. Mixed with rock though, it's awesome. That was thoroughly impressive.

if you like country mixed with rock go check out the red dirt scene in texas. look up bands like cross canadian ragweed, reckless kelly, the great divide, stoney larue, casey donahew, robert earl keene (probably not so much what your lookin for but hes one of the pioneers of that scene.)

none of those bands are going to come close to the guitar playing that kieth urban or brad paisley does but its a nice rock country mix and it gets away from the poppy **** that nashville puts out
Quote by rasveer
but this is a punk song

Uh, no. It's really not.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Now if only he could write a song...
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Damn.
I just gained a lot of respect for him.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Even the most mediocre of country guitarists are incredible guitarists.... usually....
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Not really, generally they rely on steel guitar. Unless that was what you are talking about.

well, yeah. But guitarists like Brad Paisley, and Keith. They might not get to play some of the most technical stuff in their own music, but they are most likely all very talented.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
well, yeah. But guitarists like Brad Paisley, and Keith. They might not get to play some of the most technical stuff in their own music, but they are most likely all very talented.

i wouldnt say all are very talented if your talking about the actual singers...... however if your talkin about the guitarists that sit behind the singer in the shadows then yes they are all generally pretty talented. but it is odd to see a country frontman that are that talented
Quote by dmiwshicldply
i wouldnt say all are very talented if your talking about the actual singers...... however if your talkin about the guitarists that sit behind the singer in the shadows then yes they are all generally pretty talented. but it is odd to see a country frontman that are that talented

You realize that they cant play that live, but its not uncommon in the studio for country artists to play ALOT of the guitar parts? (both lap steel and regular)
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by dmiwshicldply

Well, yeah, I meant the ones in the background. Not these guys like Toby Keith and whatnot. But every now and then there's a rare frontman like Brad or Keith.

A lot of people are forgetting about the old country artists like Chet Atkins and Merle Travis. These guys developed styles that a lot of rock and jazz players use.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Yeah but those are only 2 players. You were talking about all country players.

The frontmen are usually 3-5 chord players. The backing guitarists are obviously pretty good though, as stated.
Page 1 of 2