i'm beginning to think the acoustic guitar of my dreams does not exist. this is what i need...see if y'all can recommend something. keep in mind i have a really bad right shoulder so the guitar needs to be THIN and have a smaller bottom bout.

1. depth less than 3.75"
2. width less than 14"
3. low profile neck, a slightly shorter scale would be ever better (short fingers) and super low action.
4. BRIGHT and resonant on the highs
5. prefer cutaway with at least 14 frets.
6. under 1000k (ohmigawd, i played a $4500.00 breedlove today and was in paradise).

so far, the best size i've found is a Luna Moth but the sound was dull from all the laquer.
larrivee parlors are too fat. baby taylors sound like crap and don't stay in tune. haven't tried the seagull grand but it's 4.5" deep and that's too deep. daisy rock pixies and wildwoods sound like crap too...
suggestions !?!?!?

thanks!!!!!!!
Last edited by veggiegrrrl at Dec 13, 2008,
As much as I hate to recommend them, Ovations are quite thin. Sound like crap unplugged through, so if you'll be mostly unplugged...sorry, I don't know what to tell you...
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have a 3/4 scale classical from Castilla, it's like a spanish mariachi guitar
I ain't racist, but fuck black people! - Michael Richards

Nigga please - Al Sharpton

Nigga please - Me
^ Dang, I wish I thought of that. lol. The APX is an ok sounding guitar, acoustically(better than a shallow bowl Ovation, that's for sure). It's pretty good plugged in as well.

Umm.. how about another parlour sized guitar? Art & Lutherie Ami. It's a little thicker than what you want, but it's quite small, so it might be worth giving a try. The lower bout is definitely quite small.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thanks everyone. ovations are too slippery! LOL. i tried the APX and it wasn't bad. also tried the ibanez AEG10E... i was at guitar center and it was really noisy though.... tried the ami but it didn't sound right to me and the action was like a toy guitar.
keep the suggestions coming.
any parlor size will do you right. as for tone you will have to fish that out of the parlor sizes you try. remember that they were more build for fingerpicking so strumming will sound a little muddled (at least on mine).
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
i would try the Baby Taylor. It is a very good quality guitar, and it is definitely bright.
Maybe get one of the guys in Gear Building and Customizing to custom make a guitar to your specs? Only suggestion I have left. Sorry...

OH! Check out NEX size Takamine guitars. It's a Takamine, so you know quality and tone won't be a problem, and the NEX body is quite small...I think.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone have le
OH! Check out NEX size Takamine guitars. It's a Takamine, so you know quality and tone won't be a problem, and the NEX body is quite small...I think.

The NEX sized Takamine are great esp you are of the smaller frame. I had one at one point and seriously regret selling it. The other thing you should consider is that a good strap (thick and padded) will do wonders as well.
How about a Fender Stratocoustic or Telecoustic? I own the first-gen Strat and love it. It is kinda dull when it is unplugged but when playing through an amp it is very bright. They have a standard strat/tele neck so it is easy on the hand plus they have a pretty thin body. They are $630 at Guitar Center.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Stratacoustic-Deluxe-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-512612-i1176869.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-JZM-Deluxe-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-512614-i1177176.gc
Cordoba makes thinline classicals that might be good or the Alvarez fusion series, which also features thinner bodies.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
seems like a see people complain about their shoulders every few weeks....now that i think about it my shoulder is jacked up to....
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
You say that Baby Taylors "sound like crap and don't stay in tune". Why do you say this? I know 2 people who have been playing guitar for over 30 years, and they love their baby Taylors for small get togethers and playing on their own. I love their Baby Taylors too. We have passed the guitars around for hours without having to re-tune. For such a small guitar, they have a very pleasant sound. What makes you say such untrue things about them?
Quote by Zulis309
I would also say a baby taylor, I nearly bought one!

I have one of these, its really easy to play and is small. Quite a bargain for a USA guitar for sure. Its quiet in volume but very good tone and quite bright. You can add a good p.u. later and still be under $500
My opinion on the Big Baby Taylors are mixed. I've had a good and bad experience with them. My friend's big baby's action was actually 1cm off at the 12th fret(I adjusted the action and bow, and also change strings for her). It really didn't sound too hot. On the other hand, my grade 12 english teacher also had one. That one sounded quite good considering it's not a full sized guitar.

Again, I think the price is a little steep, but it's a good choice if you need a smaller guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.