my english/creative writing teacher wants to get a guitar for her 6 year old nephew, and she asked me what i recommended.

normally i would say any of the usual starter packages, but since he's only 6, the guitars themselves might be too big.

so does anyone have any suggestions for smaller sized "kids" guitars?
Fender makes some short scale strats and ibanez makes micros that are smaller in size I actually just saw both at my local shop today.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Mini strat or Ibanez micro series.Both are cheap and designed for little hands.Epiphone might make short scales too,but I'm not 100% on that one.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yep. ibanez mikro series.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by YA89

Yeah,hes 6,but that guitars gay even for a 6 year old.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,hes 6,but that guitars gay even for a 6 year old.

Yeah, I know.lol
Quote by YA89
Yeah, I know.lol

I'm surprised you went for the Montana thing and not the Hello Kitty strat,but in all fairness we all know that guitar is WAY too brutal for a 6 year old.

Quote by Pr0gNut

I'm surprised you went for the Montana thing and not the Hello Kitty strat,but in all fairness we all know that guitar is WAY too brutal for a 6 year old.

C'mon but kids love these things.
Quote by YA89
C'mon but kids love these things.

Indeed they do,but I will admit,when I saw the Hello kitty strat I thought something a long the lines of "What if someone but an EMG 81 in the bridge and a Warmoth neck on it?" Hahahah

Brian May Guitars MiniMay;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Brian-May-MiniMay-Electric-Guitar?sku=512639

One pickup so the selection doesn't confuse him when starting(like it did me), and Mr. May built his main guitar by hand with his father for less than 150 Pounds, so I assume he ca spec up a decent low-price guitar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Brian May Guitars MiniMay;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Brian-May-MiniMay-Electric-Guitar?sku=512639

One pickup so the selection doesn't confuse him when starting(like it did me), and Mr. May built his main guitar by hand with his father for less than 150 Pounds, so I assume he ca spec up a decent low-price guitar.

That looks pretty nice actually.

I have to add that the Brian May is a 17" scale but the Ibanez Mikro series have 22.2" scale.
Washburn X5?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w