Okay, I have found that I really, really like the sounds that I get with the AMplitube 2.0 software. Now I want to record some things I made up using any program that will read what I am playing into the AMplitube software. I have looked around but can't find anything about that here. Does anyone have any solutions for me? WIll Acid 6 work maybe?Anything else that takes up less space?

By the way, I am using a Line 6 Guitar Port to get the sound into the computer!
Record the guitar then apply the Amplitude vst to it in your recording software. I know Adobe Audition lets you hear the vst effect on the source as you play but the latency always f'd with me so if you don't have a super computer I would just apply it after.
yeah, i use a overclocked amd phenom 9500 and just barely get no latency...... and i maxed out everything. ohh jeeze when i think the amount of gaming i could so with that computer :\
but anyways i would just so what silver hammer said.
Wait, so isn't there some way for me to just record what I am hearing through my headphones with Amplitube using another program?
You have to use a host program. When you plug in the only signal you get is your clean guitar signal, you need to use a VST to change that, but you will still be recording a clean signal.

If you want to record the amplitube signal (I wouldn't recommend this as you can't change the settings once you've recorded it) then you can put the VST on the master input channel. I know Cubase SX3 can do this but i'm not sure about the others.

Hope that helps.
Quote by maggot9779
You have to use a host program. When you plug in the only signal you get is your clean guitar signal, you need to use a VST to change that, but you will still be recording a clean signal.

If you want to record the amplitube signal (I wouldn't recommend this as you can't change the settings once you've recorded it) then you can put the VST on the master input channel. I know Cubase SX3 can do this but i'm not sure about the others.

Hope that helps.

This.
Okay, then, two things: can you give me a few more examples of programs that I would at least be able to apply the signal to, so I can get the Amplitube tone on the final product? and can you tell me what the VSTs are, I mean, how do I find them, as I see nothing in the directory that's a VST file. I see the tone preset files, and they are like something called AT2P. are those the VSTS?
Cubase
REAPER
Adobe Audition
Sonar
ermmmm....search for digital audio workstation on google to find more.

And for the VST search in Program Files/Steinberg/VST Plugins or something like that, it should be there. A VST is basically an effect pedal in a file. The host program reads it and allows you to add effects to tracks and to change settings.
Ok, ok, thank you very much for the answers, and sorry for my confusion, I will try to get one of those programs.
Quote by convictionless
yeah, i use a overclocked amd phenom 9500 and just barely get no latency...... and i maxed out everything. ohh jeeze when i think the amount of gaming i could so with that computer :\
but anyways i would just so what silver hammer said.

I don't get it. I'm using an ancient, coal-fired AMD Athlon 1.8Ghz with 512MB sdRAM and a built-in soundcard - yet I can run up to 4 or 5 instances of Amplitube or Revalver in one project without too much trouble, even without using ASIO drivers.

Anyway, try Reaper first, since it's essentially free. I recommend Cakewalk products highly though, Sonar Home Studio is probably the best bet unless you've got plenty of cash to spend on your software...