Alright, this seems like a stupid question, but I figure I'd ask anyway.

Those who know me know I like strats. Lasted 54/55 years for a reason IMO. Anyway originally for my next guitar I was intending to get an American Standard strat, but then I found Warmoth.

To get to the point, how do I add the total cost of a guitar from Warmoth? I'm thinking of skipping upgrading to the American Fender and building a custom strat with Warmoth stuff as my next axe instead, but when I went to their site(albeit I was tired, so that's likely to blame) I couldn't figure it out. ><
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
It's.. pretty easy. They list their prices with every option they give, just get out a calculator and add it all up.

Then remember you've got to pay postage, and there's the hassle of putting it together yourself. Usually A full guitar from Warmoth costs more than the standard American Fender/Gibson/ESP/etc equivalent + the hassle of putting it together yourself (which is a big problem with their bolt-on necks, since bolt-ons kill sustain if you don't fit them perfectly).

Warmoth is a great way to go if you want something unusual that no other brand offers at all, but if all you want is a good American-quality Strat, buy a Fender American Series or a G&L. Even if you want some odd pickup combination, it's usually cheaper to get an American Strat and a new pickguard than it is to have Warmoth make something for you.

EDIT: Also, they charge through the roof for finishing the guitar. It'll often be cheaper to have them send you the raw parts and have another local luthier paint it for you. They also charge far too much for bridges, pickups, etc etc.
I'll also warn you, having dealt with them several times in the past, their customer service is awful.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hmm...alright then, suppose I'll just look between Fender's then. Thanks for the help Flib.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
If you want a standard guitar then warmoth isnt the way to go. If you want something different then warmoth isnt bad. Some of their prices are higher than others some is less just have to comparison shop. And they have nice convenient charts with prices.
I have to agree with Mr Fibble again,

I think if you already have a decent Strat upgrade it. You have a well made guitar in your hands just upgrade the pups, hardware. I doubt the Warmoth bodies and necks are better than MIA Fenders. Unless you want a different color I think the best way to go is upgrade the Fender.

I actually think G&L is a far superior guitar. The one I tried last Mon was very nice better than any Fender strat I have ever had in my hands the 38 years I have been playing guitar. They take the basic Strat and improve it 100 times better.

IMHO buying an assortment parts from any company and assembling a guitar to me is not a true custom guitar just a well picked out kit. I really think your better off just upgrading your strat or buying one to upgrade/customize.

John
you might also want to check out carvins if you are looking for a custom