Today I went to the pawn shop and purchased a gx-130c Crate Combo amp, didn't try it out before I bought it because I personally know the owners very well. I first hooked it up and starting playing, but after a while I realized it just stopped generating sound, like on and off it would fade out then come back occasionally. I'm positive my cables and instrument are perfectly fine, before trying to return it, are there any things I should try to make it work correctly? What usually causes something like this?
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
try before you buy.

/thread
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
try before you buy.

/thread

Well I'd still like to know what could cause the problem, perhaps it is fixable by my self. I know I should have tried it, but I didn't. Preferably non-ignorant folks could give me some ideas, that would be something new.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Solid state amps are nearly impossible to repair by even the best techs....let alone the average guitar player (im not knocking your abilities at all... but if some of the best amp techs in the world can barely revive them... your chances are slim)....
My advice is to get your money back. Given that you know the people you bought it from, this shouldn't be a problem.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
My advice is to get your money back. Given that you know the people you bought it from, this shouldn't be a problem.

Right, hmm, but now I gotta think about which NEW amp I want, lol. Preferably solid state due to budget, play pretty much only metal, with occasional switches to the clean channel.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW