So, my brother stabbed me with a screwdriver. Given the other things that we have done to cause each other pain and torment, this isn't THAT bad...

Except he got me in the elbow.

It was right in my funny bone. [You think it hurts when you knock it? try getting stabbed there!] Then I got pins and needles all the way down my arm and I couldnt move my pinky properly. So I went to my GP, and the good Dr. Prasad told me that I shouldn't play guitar for about three weeks. He also said that if my bro had been any more angry, he might have done some serious nerve damage and I would never ever play again.

So after ****ting a myriad of bricks for a couple of hours, I am totally relieved to know that i'll be back in the game in a few weeks.

Anyone else ever got an injury that ruined or could have ruined their ability to play guitar?
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Yeah, one time, I nearly died of a combination of hypothermia and hypoxia on a mountainside. That would have set me back for a long time.
Quote by blood8815
kick your brothers ass

better yet shove that screwdriver up his ass and out his pee hole
Quote by blood8815
kick your brothers ass

Already taken care of.

He's into BMXing, so I figured cutting his achiles' tendon would be just.
Dear diary.

Quote by Benjibum
Already taken care of.

Well done.

When I fractured my forearm a couple years back that set me off for a couple months. Nothing serious though.
i was playin basketball the ball ended up hitin me in the finger it was bruised for a week and was stiff for almost a month and is still weak
Quote by Benjibum
Already taken care of.

oh my, i though you said 'cut his achiles' testicle'

Its a scary feeling... Guitar gets me through alot and I have little else to turn to so I was thinking: "No guitar?... Panic. Rationalise. Suicide? Suicide."
Dear diary.

i factured broke and dislocated my thumb all in seperate incidences in the space of 2 weeks
that is agony while playing guitar believe me
Man, a couple years ago, I broke my left wrist just less than a week before Christmas. You'll never guess what I got for Christmas.... That's right! A new guitar! I played guitar with a cast on. But it completely set me back afterward, because, my pinky wouldn't reach to the fingerboard, so I learned to play without using my pinky. After I got the cast removed, I continued playing without my pinky because I was too lazy to try and regain my strength immediately. It took me months to re-learn how to use my pinky efficiently....
Uhh... nearly dunked my hand into a tub full of hot deep frying oil. Ended up catching myself and instead of burns all up until my elbow, I got burns on my fingertips
uhmm one time i was moving a desk with my dad cause its made of heavy wood and a ton of metal but when i lifted it up the wood top came off the metal a tad and when i set it down i caught the tip of my finger between the two and had a huge blood blister there forever
Quote by Benjibum
So, my brother stabbed me with a screwdriver. Given the other things that we have done to cause each other pain and torment, this isn't THAT bad...

Except he got me in the elbow.

It was right in my funny bone. [You think it hurts when you knock it? try getting stabbed there!] Then I got pins and needles all the way down my arm and I couldnt move my pinky properly. So I went to my GP, and the good Dr. Prasad told me that I shouldn't play guitar for about three weeks. He also said that if my bro had been any more angry, he might have done some serious nerve damage and I would never ever play again.

So after ****ting a myriad of bricks for a couple of hours, I am totally relieved to know that i'll be back in the game in a few weeks.

Anyone else ever got an injury that ruined or could have ruined their ability to play guitar?

Ulnar nerve palsy. I've got it at the moment after knocking my funny bone on something in October. 3 weeks is nonsense - I was told 6 months for a full recovery, but I'm not sure our injuries are related. My neurologist recommended I play guitar to help my nerve/finger muscles grow back in my 3rd finger and pinky. What an awesome way of recovering!
Today, I was restringing my guitar for the first time. Well, all is going well (or so I think ) and I'm all done restringing my new guitar. I go to stretch them out, and wobble a bit, holding down on the first fret with my left hand, and before the bridge with my right elbow. I get to the G String, and it snaps. So, like an idiot, I punched the floor. It didn't hurt then. But after going to work for 5 hours and coming home, my hand is in quite a bit of pain. Hopefully I didn't break anything, I'm not a big guy. Guess I'll wait a few days, and see how it feels, go to a doc if it still hurts then.