Quote by radomu
I'm talking about those.
Do they work?
Have you tried them?

You seriously couldn't just read the reviews on that very page?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
to strengthen your fingers? yes

to improve your guitar skills without practice? no

obviously we all need to practice, but does it actually make your movements easier?
I'm a total novice in guitar and I practice on my 80 year old classical guitar (finally getting an electric this week).

The problem is that being Japanese gives me a handicap.
I have small hands and I still have trouble pressing power and barre chords.
I bought one when I started playing guitar.

I never use it.

And that was like eight years ago.
Quote by x_thurston_x
I bought one when I started playing guitar.

I never use it.

And that was like eight years ago.

really, why?
Here's an idea, why not strengthen your fingers by acutally playing guitar? That way you strengthen your fingers AND work on your technique!

Small fingers don't really make a difference unless you want to do something like this:

e -----------|
B -----------|
G ---------- |
D -------5--|
A ----3-----|
E -1--------|
Quote by maggot9779
Here's an idea, why not strengthen your fingers by acutally playing guitar? That way you strengthen your fingers AND work on your technique!

Small fingers don't really make a difference unless you want to do something like this:

e -----------|
B -----------|
G ---------- |
D -------5--|
A ----3-----|
E -1--------|

LOL more like:

e -----------|
B -----------|
G ---------- |
D -7---------|
A -5--------|
E -1--------|
Quote by radomu
really, why?

Cause I'm lazy

And it didn't get me anywhere. Yeah my fingers were stronger, but I still couldn't play intricate riffs or anything because that still requires practice.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Cause I'm lazy

And it didn't get me anywhere. Yeah my fingers were stronger, but I still couldn't play intricate riffs or anything because that still requires practice.

I was planning to play around with it when I'm listening to my class lecture
I actually use a course that improves the dexterity of your fingers. And AFAIK, I don't really see a difference, it all comes down to practise anyways.

And yeah, the best thing to do would be to actually practise on a guitar.

And from what I read, you're talking about finger stretches, not finger strength. And for that, actually practising the guitar would be the best thing to do.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
I have one of those. It helped me improve my pinky dexterity, and it does help when you're a beginner and bar chords make your hand hurt.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I have one of those. It helped me improve my pinky dexterity, and it does help when you're a beginner and bar chords make your hand hurt.

It makes them hurt and some of the strings are muted because my fingers aren't strong enough.

Yeah, my pinky is like a bone covered with flesh stuck on my hand with a duck tape by God lol.
those things mess up your fingers
i had a friend that used those all the time and he couldnt straighten his fingers
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Quote by ian_R976
those things mess up your fingers
i had a friend that used those all the time and he couldnt straighten his fingers

well that's believable...

ok I won't get it, I'm scared of the outcomes
I use baoding balls for independence of and dexterity fingers (not strength), they are really fun and addictive and you can spin them anytime you want.

They are really great for warming up your hands before you play guitar to then warm up faster on guitar.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by Jackolas
I herd day iz bad 4 ur fingaz.

Yep!

dude whoever that is in your avatar you gotta change it, she just catches me every time I read one of your posts.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
dude whoever that is in your avatar you gotta change it, she just catches me every time I read one of your posts.

maybe it's her
^ Jackolas' profile says it's a guy.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
You think any of your favourite top guitarists ever used them?

Just try playing 4 frets in a row up and down the neck to work on your finger strength and nimbleness.

that's true, none of them did I'm sure.
Quote by MarkWolf
eh i have one, pretty useless, i got more exersize playing scales

a kid at school called me an idiot today because I practice playing scales, not chords...

He's a fan of Radiohead, by the way