Hi,
Im looking for a new guitar , but i dont know the difference between a Fender classic and a standard.

So can anybody tell me?
kthxbai.
iv got standard. it works awsome for me.. so yeh ii sugest u get the standard 1
1. Price.
2. Classic's are modeled after guitars from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Standard's are the "modern" ones, meaning they have a "new" sound, similar to the vintage guitars back when they were new and in a shop window.

I love my standard, but the classics are great axes too, it depends if you want a modern or vintage tone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
1. Price.
2. Classic's are modeled after guitars from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Standard's are the "modern" ones, meaning they have a "new" sound, similar to the vintage guitars back when they were new and in a shop window.

I love my standard, but the classics are great axes too, it depends if you want a modern or vintage tone.

Thanks alot
kthxbai.
Also, if I'm not mistaken. Classics have 21 frets, standards have 22.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
My standard has 21 frets
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Supposing you're talking about MIM Standards and Classics the differences are:

- Price (the classics are more expensive)
- Woods (the classics have slightly better woods)
- Pickups (the classics have vintage style pickups, while the standards have more modern sounding ones).
- Neck (the classics have old thick C, soft V or U shape necks, while the standards have the modern thin C shape)
- Fingerboard radius (the classics have a vintage rounded 7.25" radius, while the standards have a more modern 9.5" radius)
- Tuners (the classics have vintage style tuners and the standards have standard style tuners)

And those are pretty much all the differences I can think of right now.

PS: I own a Classic 60's and it's amazing. Not perfect, but definitely one of the best guitars for the price (if you like vintage styling).
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby