I'm thinking this is the path I want to take.

Some of my music is at myspace.com/7thplace

I've been using a Epiphone LP custom with a Vox ValveState. I hope you know what I mean. AD50VT. But I think with a standard tele and a cheap orange amp, I'd fare better. I want something really vibrant and shiny. I hope this makes sense. Anyway, I'm wondering if you'd suggest something outside of the orange amp.
Don't get the Tele and just get a BETTER Orange amp.
Tiny Terror ftw.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Seems like a good idea, but you'll have to turn down the gain from what you used in some of your recordings.

Also, the singing reminds me of Bob Dylan.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Choose one of the thing to upgrade, and upgrade big. Buy something like an orange AD30 or something, then save up for an American tele.
Damnm, that got me tempted to buy a tele.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I like your music! But your tone sucks IMO. You need something brighter. A Tiny Terror would be a nice amp for your needs, but if you're gigging I'd take something with a bit more watts. Buy a new amp first and after that a Tele.
Im not sure how big of a gig this guy is playing but the TT on 15 watts hurts and if you need more than that the venue probably has a PA. I suggest the TT but I'm biased because I own one. Epiphone also makes some nice low watt all tube amps. Good for jazz and chicken picking. If you don't care about money there are tons of boutique amps that would fit the bill. musiczoo.com sells a wide range of these style amps. The number one thing t keep in mind is that playing a bunch of amps to compare is usually the best ay to pick. Go harass some music stores.
If you want bright, don't get orange.
Quote by evening_crow

Also, the singing reminds me of Bob Dylan.

Story of my life. haha. Yeah the tiny terror is the amp of my dreams basically. I have VERY limited money and what I'm using right now is a joke. My guitar is an Ibanez...something.. and I have no amp at all. That's why I was considering crush.
Also thanks for the positive comments about my music! I know my tone is ****, don't worry. haha.

Also though. Along with the Tiny Terror head, would there be a cheaper solution for cabinets than a Orange cab?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'm going to have to agree with Goolz here. "Vibrant and shiny" are the last words I'd use to describe an Orange. Fender amps are "vibrant and shiny," Orange amps are dark and growly.
Quote by al112987
I'm going to have to agree with Goolz here. "Vibrant and shiny" are the last words I'd use to describe an Orange. Fender amps are "vibrant and shiny," Orange amps are dark and growly.

Thank you.

Orange is balls to the wall, man. Not exactly vibrant and shiny.
Quote by dcdossett65

+1,000,000.....this is what i was gunna say. im getting my 4x12 from Avatar as soon as the funds come in (i just bought the Tiny Terror head)
I guess vibrant and shiny to me are different to most people's definition. Because to me, Fender seems dark. I just think I have a ****ed up mentality. Orange amps always sound more defined in their tone. And telecasters are the same in my mind. Oh and to be specific about this, I don't have the Epiphone OR the Vox anymore. I'm talking more about practice stuff for now.

Are there any good cabinets with 4 10's or even 2 10s or 2 12s?
My gigs won't be too big at all for now.
WOW. I just checked out those avatar cabs. I've never heard of them before. I'm in love.

Especially since I can get them in custom colors. But not just that. I'm thinking for now I'll go with that 15R crush just so i can play again with friends, then for gigs, I'll go for the Tiny Terror and a 2 x 12 avatar cab.

That'll hopefully improve my tone.
Quote by khariii
I guess vibrant and shiny to me are different to most people's definition. Because to me, Fender seems dark. I just think I have a ****ed up mentality. Orange amps always sound more defined in their tone. And telecasters are the same in my mind. Oh and to be specific about this, I don't have the Epiphone OR the Vox anymore. I'm talking more about practice stuff for now.

Are there any good cabinets with 4 10's or even 2 10s or 2 12s?
My gigs won't be too big at all for now.

Oh.

Well, fender is the opposite of dark.

Maybe an AC15 or AC30 is right for you?

Or maybe a Valvetech
Quote by khariii
WOW. I just checked out those avatar cabs. I've never heard of them before. I'm in love.

Especially since I can get them in custom colors. But not just that. I'm thinking for now I'll go with that 15R crush just so i can play again with friends, then for gigs, I'll go for the Tiny Terror and a 2 x 12 avatar cab.

That'll hopefully improve my tone.

The crush is pretty sweet for a practice amp especially for the reverb and the cleans are nice, but yeah definitely get a better tube amp for gigs and whatever. You could even just use the tiny terror for practice as well. I'd imagine a nice orange and a tele would sound so damn good together.
Quote by CapnKickass
I'd imagine a nice orange and a tele would sound so damn good together.

At The Drive-In, Slipknot, and others. Though its not specifically my taste in music,I have to admit, that combo has been my dream sound. Even though I won't be having humbuckers.

Also something I'd like to address. Should I get the 399 FENDER standard tele or should I get the similar priced telecaster, maybe with humbuck on the neck. I ask because I almost feel like I'm paying extra for the Fender name on the standard.

A good example of this is the [formerly] 599 Epiphone Les Paul Custom and the 899 Gibson Mahogany LP. I'm sorry... but the Epiphone runs circles around that Gibson. It feels so damn weird to play.