ATM I have a Squier SE-100. I am looking at a Johnson Strat that my friend is selling. I am wondering what is better, is the Johnson worth getting?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
If you mean the Fender Eric Johnson signature strat, then go for it.
Johnson Strat copy.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Can you get a pic of it because the Johnson guitars I am familiar with are crap but searching the web I came across other Johnson brands.

The ones I know come from a company from China that manufactures very low end generic copy guitars and they stamp what ever your brand name is on a guitar .Johnson is one as well as Galveston, a couple others I can't remember the names of, some that just don't have a brand stamped on them they are exactly the same. A local consignment store near me sells Galveston and Johnson guitars the strat copies are the least expensive around $99.00. These guitars are all exactly the same and IMHO not worth buying if that is the guitar your friend has. I don't care for Squiers but this time I can say keep your Squire.

John
I have one... very bad quality, was my first guitar...
Not worth getting.
I thought you meant Eric Johnson's sig guitar. That would be good.

Johnson copies? Eh... doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. Stick with your Squier, and save for something else in the future.
On a lighter side, if ya got it you could tell people you were goin home to play with your Johnson...
Not going to be an upgrade. Maybe even a downgrade based on the couple I've played... Spend the money on a setup for the Squier instead if playability is an issue.
My friend has a Johnson Strat Copy in Vintage White. Very good blues guitar for how cheap they are, but it wouldn't be much of an upgrade. They're not bad like everyone keeps saying. Half of them haven't even seen one probably. The only one I've played is Maple Fretboard SSS. Kinda heavy, but good sound. Bright bridge pickup, middle sounds...bad, and neck is pretty good.