I'm looking for a good USB recording interface for my guitar. Budget is around 100~200 USD. MIDI controller is a plus but not required.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I think sony acid pro is what you are looking for Check out the recordings on my profile, they are all using acid, i live by acid, it is amazing
I'm Luke.
No, no. Get the Line 6 Toneport UX2. It's around 200$, does have MIDI, and is super awesome. I'm usually not a fan of Amp simulation VST programs, but the Line 6 one is just awesome, and so realistic.
I wouldn't recommend anything else.
I would prefer those without any modeling softwares behind. I like my Tonelab LE and want to record the sound coming from it directly.
What I'm looking for is something like a E-MU 0202 or M-Audio Fast track. Those have been out a while now so I wonder if anything newer has came up yet
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I own a Fast Track Pro, it's good but I do have some problems with it. The sound dropping randomly for example. Also I couldn't get it to work very well in Vista, I couldn't record in most of my software so I had to switch back to XP.

It has MIDI In and Out, phantom power and next to no latency. Just keep in mind what I said up there^^
Any plans for recording microphones? If you don't need many MIDI interfaces, it's easier and cheaper to get a MIDI USB cable.

As for my pick, assuming you may get an SM57 for guitar amps, is this Lexicon. Get this MIDI cable/interface and you get free shipping and what you want.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Do you need to mic things? Do you want to record multiple inputs at the same time? Do you have a USB 2.0 jack or just the 1.1? These are all good questions, overall I've heard the e-mu is nice, if you only have 1.1 though you should be able to get a pretty nice one for cheaper, may have higher latency though, this tool is great, try it out:

http://www.recordingreview.com/soundcard/soundcard_wizard.php
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Quote by maggot9779
I own a Fast Track Pro, it's good but I do have some problems with it. The sound dropping randomly for example. Also I couldn't get it to work very well in Vista, I couldn't record in most of my software so I had to switch back to XP.

It has MIDI In and Out, phantom power and next to no latency. Just keep in mind what I said up there^^

Just curious, what program do you use with your Fast Track Pro?
I have problems with my Fast Track Ultra on Sony Acid and was looking for another program.
Quote by cratskomodo
Just curious, what program do you use with your Fast Track Pro?
I have problems with my Fast Track Ultra on Sony Acid and was looking for another program.

I use Cubase SX 3 mostly. I also sometimes use Pro Tools that came with the FTP. I prefer Cubase though, plus the college I go to uses it too.

Pretty much every program I try works on XP. On Vista I was only able to use SX 3 for a little while before it stopped working with the FTP. So I downloaded n-track and it worked but I didn't like it much.