I've written about 15 songs (like I guess most people on here have) but thought I'd put this one up for discussion / criticism.

Not entirely sure of the genre, maybe someone would like to suggest what I could label it as. Influenced by melodic death metal (but utilising less of the 'death' I suppose) i.e. In Flames, and also (at the time) a bit of metalcore e.g KSE.

Any comments welcome, preferably nice ones
Attachments:
Comp_8.zip
ok..

i would just like to comment that it was great..
although, i had this "cliffhanger" feeling cause i expected a little solo..

but, in its wholeness, it's a pretty clean work..
it sounds Breaking Benjamin - ish..

p.s. i don't think that it even has a hint of death metal..
It's great!

And I agree with linkinmark, it does sound Breaking Benjamin-ish, but I think it also sounds a bit Trivium-ish, and the outro sounds Helloween-ish.

So it's all good!
Quote by linkinmark
ok..

i would just like to comment that it was great..
although, i had this "cliffhanger" feeling cause i expected a little solo..

but, in its wholeness, it's a pretty clean work..
it sounds Breaking Benjamin - ish..

p.s. i don't think that it even has a hint of death metal..

Yeah, I find it hard to incorporate death metal into my songs, it's just not my style. Also this is possibly the only song I didn't write a solo into, sorry .

And to TheWickerMan; it's funny that of the three you've mentioned I only listen to Trivium - Breaking Benjamin and Helloween I have never actually heard

Thanks for the comments btw, much appreciated.
This is pretty good. You used a lot of intervals common in melodic metal and were a bit predictable in spots, and the open note chugging sections left something to be desired. But I think here the strength lies in the leads, which were fantastic. The chorus was pretty much amazing. And I think the song would be better off without the standard melodeath/metalcore harmonize 'n' chug riffage, because they were, well, standard. Nothing that no one hasn't heard before.

Keep it up.