Hey guys, I just ordered a new Taylor 114, and wondered if anyone else owns one of these, and their opinions on it, and if they've had any problems with it. Also thanks to all of those who helped me pick the guitar in the first place! =]
Good choice. I'm curious to see what other owners have to say. I have a friend with one and he loves it. I love it too.
i own a taylor 514ce, it's awesome. Don't know anything about that one though
Not to put your new guitar down or anything bud because i dont know for myself but i've heard from other people that the 100 and 200 series aren't anything special. But like i said i don't know for myself so you may fall in love with it. Haha let me know by the way because i'd like to know someones opinion from someone who actually owns one.
Lmao, great.. My anticipation for my new guitar just got pissed on from a great height. Everyone point and glare at J Vine =P I hope I like it, because if I tell my parents im returning it, im gonna get my ass whooped. But sure dude I will keep an update on it lol =]
its not going to be a bad guitar.
the people who dont like them dont like them because they think you are paying a little bit extra for the name. when you can get the same quality for alittle bit less. but what the heck if you like it then screw the price.
I have a 214, which is pretty similar.

Its definitely not a bad acoustic, but its not a top-of-the-line martin either (those things practically play themselves).

I believe that both the 114 and the 214 are not made of solid real wood (I think its laminate?), which could be a disappointment if your expecting real wood on your 114.

My 214 is my first acoustic that I've owned (but not played).
I was originally looking at the 114, but I found a barely used 214 for $450 that I couldn't pass up.
Its everything I was looking for - a not so/almost entry level acoustic - quality name, decent price.

Whatever you do, don't pick it up and think "The guy on UG said it sucks, Im not gonna like it."
Have an open mind and make your own opinion. It is a Taylor after all.
Yeah dude, the 114 and 214 are laminate, I knew it was when I ordered it, I don't think it matters too greatly.

Thanks man, I am goign to play it open minded, I will probably end up falling in love with it, I always do with new guitars! Thanks for your comments everyone! =]
They're good guitars, but I think you can do better for the price. As long as you like the guitar, that's all that really matters, no?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
IT CAME!!!!!!! AND SO DID I =D

I absolutely love it, the sound is lush, and the action is just perfect. So for anyone out there Taylor 114, is the secks! =] I will give a proper review when im allowed to jam on it properly!! =]
I definitely think these are good guitars, I just feel they are overpriced by a few hundred.

The important thing is that you like your guitar! Congrats on the new guitar. Post some pictures and sound clips!
I knew you would like it. Don't listen to anyone who tells you it is over-priced. They are just trying to make themselves feel better about buying cheaper guitars.
Quote by tlt31
I knew you would like it. Don't listen to anyone who tells you it is over-priced. They are just trying to make themselves feel better about buying cheaper guitars.

If you'll notice, I don't have any cheap guitars(cept for that A&L cedar top that I'm trying to sell and havent played for half a year).

Anyway, be sure to post up some pics of your new acquisition along with a nice review. Make sure you play it for a week or two before you review. Buyer's high makes for skewed reviews.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
what do you think would be a similiar sound for cheaper since we are supposedly paying for the name?
Quote by tlt31

Not true at all. I own more than one guitar that cost at least 4 times what a Taylor 114 cost. What your post should say is don't listen to anyone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Often they are just trying to make themselves feel better... oh hell it's not worth it.

Quote by redking14ca
what do you think would be a similiar sound for cheaper since we are supposedly paying for the name?

Let's not get into that here. For what it's worth I don't think you are really paying a huge amount too much unless you opt for the CE models in this line, but there are a million threads that cover this topic. This thread is about a guy getting a new guitar. Regardless of what guitar it is, this is something we can all get behind because we all love guitars... not just certain guitars.

Anyway, again, congrats on the guitar! Like I said, the most important thing is that you love your guitar! And I still wanna see pictures and hear sound clips!