Hi there,

I've decided im bored with my bridge humbucker, and want something drastically different, Humbuckers sound all the same to my ears, and I want to do somthing a little different.

I was wondering what a Humbucker-Sized Single Coil in the bridge position would sound like, (for those who don't know, G-400 has Mahogany Body).

Thanks in Advance, and if you want more info, just ask
Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
look around for some p90's or just do a coil tap
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
I must admit, i love the sound of P-90's.
And Coil-tapping is definetly a possibility.

But I didn't ask what to get, I asked what the sound would be like.
Thanks though.
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
:-O sorry... i tend to mis read things a bit.

It would deg be more unique. Think brighter tone a little bit of the metalic bight but you would retain some of the mid-range crunch.

Basically, its cool. One of my favorite things is a mahogony body, maple neck and P90's you dont see it often and that is why I like it.

Yours is a pretty close to that but slightly more common. I think it would be a great Idea.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by kingofchilis
I must admit, i love the sound of P-90's.
And Coil-tapping is definetly a possibility.

But I didn't ask what to get, I asked what the sound would be like.
Thanks though.

That's never easy to say as everybody's gear is different e.g strings/amp/technique/setup etc.
Quote by teknotard
:-O sorry... i tend to mis read things a bit.

It would deg be more unique. Think brighter tone a little bit of the metalic bight but you would retain some of the mid-range crunch.

Basically, its cool. One of my favorite things is a mahogony body, maple neck and P90's you dont see it often and that is why I like it.

Yours is a pretty close to that but slightly more common. I think it would be a great Idea.

Thanks man, thanks perfect!
I'll probably go for coil-tap, due to lack of cash.
But P-90's coudl defiently be a future investment.

Thanks.
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
Quote by kingofchilis
Thanks man, thanks perfect!
I'll probably go for coil-tap, due to lack of cash.
But P-90's coudl defiently be a future investment.

Thanks.

You can do a coil tap without having to fit a switch/dril.You can buy Pots that are also pull switches.Means you don't have to change the cosmetics of the guitar
Quote by Sheppola
You can do a coil tap without having to fit a switch/dril.You can buy Pots that are also pull switches.Means you don't have to change the cosmetics of the guitar

Thanks,
I'll defiently look into it.
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
You can buy a converter plate on ebay for $4 that will allow you to put a single coild in the humbucker spot if you want a real one. I have one in the middle pickup position of my sg custom.
Honestly I don't think you are going to see much difference in tone. If you switch from humbuckers to single coils you will probably hear a difference in tone, but it wont be better than before. I hate being the one to say this but what you need is a new amp. I think you will be dissapointed with the new pickups when you could save up a little more money and get nice cheap tube amp.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
Honestly I don't think you are going to see much difference in tone. If you switch from humbuckers to single coils you will probably hear a difference in tone, but it wont be better than before. I hate being the one to say this but what you need is a new amp. I think you will be dissapointed with the new pickups when you could save up a little more money and get nice cheap tube amp.

When I record and play live i Play through a Boogie Mk 4,

So I don't think i need an amp...
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
p-90's wont fit in the humbucker space your need to route it a bit
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by teknotard
look around for some p90's or just do a coil tap

Worked for Tony Iommi...6 times
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett