Page 1 of 5
Give specific reasons why your favourite band are your favourite, it could be cool to see what people really look for in music.

I'll start:

In Flames - mainly because i just think every song they do has something incredibly unique about it, and the fact they aren't a bunch of jackasses either, they are really cool guys.

Go!
Kamelot - Beautiful vocals, really... unique type o' music. And they use symphonic stuff alot so...
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Currently I'd probably say Tool. And does that need an explanation?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
System Of A Down - not the greatest band in the world I'll admit but they fit me perfectly. Very unique. I just love every album they've made

Or...

Megadeth. I can't really decide between the two
Hendrix because he was incredibly imaginative, and I find just the way he used the guitar to be extremely inspirational.
Rage against the machine because of their live shows
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Manic Street Preachers - Great lyrics that I can relate to, amazing vocals, insanely underrated guitar work and just genuinely nice guys.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Iron Maiden. Their songs are brilliant, they are fuckin' amazing live, and Eddie is a beast of a mascot.

Reel Big Fish. Hilarious/near flawless live, they are great song writers, Ska-core is sweet.

Streetlight Manifesto. Insane playing, Ska is sweet, and their songs are catchy as balls.
Children of Bodom - The guitar work and the complexity of the riffs just amazes me every time i listen to them.
Bon Jovi - their songs amaze me, Richie is an excellent and underated guitarist, their songs are really well written and sound great.
The Rolling Stones because theyve never used the same formula in over 40 years, and because Keith makes the things he plays sound real easy but the rhythmic part is really a bitch to play. They are also the first band I remember hearing.
Some of my gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom
Fender American Special Tele
Gibson ES-339
London City Strat copy
Other Strat copy
Taylor Big Baby (acoustic)
Ibanez SGT 130 (acoustic)

Trace 2x 12" guitar amp
Dime Distortion
Nile, because every aspect of their music is absolutely mind-blowing, and nobody is heavier than them
ohai little sig.
AC/DC yea i no there over rated but every song gets someones foot tappin and angus's energy helps too
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
So far I'm surprised to see most of you like pretty mainstream bands.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by 1The_Trooper1

Reel Big Fish. Hilarious/near flawless live, they are great song writers, Ska-core is sweet.

Streetlight Manifesto. Insane playing, Ska is sweet, and their songs are catchy as balls.

fixed
and yup
Because they can beat up your favorite band.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by JordantheAxe
So far I'm surprised to see most of you like pretty mainstream bands.

What's wrong with that?
Quote by Valderama
What's wrong with that?

Did I say there was something wrong with it?
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
The Blood Brothers, because no other band sounds (much) like them and each of their albums were unique. Also, having two vocalists is pretty awesome.
This is my signature.
Quote by JordantheAxe
Did I say there was something wrong with it?

I don't know, did you?
I'm messing with you man.
Edguy (or Avantasia) because they make great music with they hearts and they just want to have fun. Also Tobias Sammet is a great singer, composer, keyboardist and bassist.
Most Precious Blood - The nicest, most honest bunch of people you'll ever meet, great to be on tour with ill always love them!
Diezel, Motherfucker
i'm sorry but i'd describe In Flames' career as... variable. Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape weren't as good (in MY opinion) but i loved Come Clarity, a LOT, and so i had some faith going into ASOP but every song is pretty much the same length with very predictable riffs (except Chosen Pessimist time-wise, i can't actually remember how it goes).

sorry for the rant

i can't say i have a "favourite" but i like:

InMe, for the way they've evolved musically and for sounding good in Drop D.
Coheed and Cambria, for their unique lyrical topic and their classic prog rock feel.
Muse for combining all sorts and Matt's voice.

"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I have like five favourite bands.
The Misfits - I love there melodic sound and lyrical themes
Bring Me The Horizon - Although SO many people hate them I still dig there guitar work and how they can change there sound and still be a good band.
The Used and My Chemical Romance - I can relate to both of these bands in some way
Metallica - Just cuz there the first real metal band that I got into and there guitar work is sick.
I can never choose what one of these five bands are my favorite.
CKY - because (considering their influences) they make something unique to me. Their attitude towards music may leave a sour taste in the mouths of many, but they have a reason for it; they cover a lot of bases and take their time to create music they want to make, being true to themselves in each step of the process.

I know im gonna get flamed for that so...fire away *hides*
gnr
because it was one the first bands i ever heard and after listening to lots of music i realized that i enjoy their songs the most
opeth - every aspect of music comes together in them...no more justification required
metallica - cliched i know,but they launched a series of albums having every track mind numbing!!!and they are definition for all that is metal
Last edited by breeder666 at Dec 14, 2008,
my favorite band is Meant for Murder...they are ****in brutal as hell...the riffs are complex and they arent signed so they're gettin out there and kickin ass...check em' out at myspace.com/meantformurder
opeth: most ****ing original band in the world, also one of the most talented.
Lamb of God: fuking amazing riffs with fuking amazing vocals with fuking amazing lyrics
CoB:guitar work is amaazing.
Five finger death punch:duno, theyy sound great
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by EN3ME
my favorite band is Meant for Murder...they are ****in brutal as hell...the riffs are complex and they arent signed so they're gettin out there and kickin ass...check em' out at myspace.com/meantformurder

why do i get a feeling that ur advertising?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by breeder666
opeth - every aspect of music comes together in them...no more justification required
metallica - cliched i know,but they launched a series of albums having every track mind numbing!!!and they are definition for all that is metal

+1 for both of them
Arch enemy - amazing combination of some brootalz and nice melodies
seether : I can relate to every song

Deftones: just they can do hard metal and good clean tunes great

Fightstar : Heavy, clean, raw , smooth and clever all at once
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Dream Theater: Far superior to any other band.

Haha but really, I don't know any other group of musicians that are more talented than them. They're all technically impressive, and they have interesting, progressive music but also have great composition and creativity.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Meshuggah-incomparable/devoted/passionate/insane/intricate/meticulous/machine-like
UHH!

I R OF ROKC A STAR

:stickpoke
Bruce Springsteen - Because of his Energy and wide range of vocal talent. The man is a ****ing monster.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Page 1 of 5