I searched how and low and did not find a thread specifically for Jaguar owners, so I thought I would start one. So here is mine: a 1965 pre-CBS model that I bought a year ago from a one-owner family that had it and played it for two years before depositing in the closet:

As you can see, this guitar looks pretty much brand new (except some small corrosion on some of the metal.) I had to recently replace the Rhythm switch but other than that, it is perfect.

Sadly, my wife thinks I have too many guitars (since I have another one on order) so I am proably going to sell this one. (OR else hide the new one upstairs where she cannot see it.)

Anyways, I wanted to post it for prosperity. Any one else have any Jaguars (new or vintage) they want to post or discuss?
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
i am considering buying a jaguar.

but i dont play jazz, i play classic rock sorta stuff. i dont think i will put heavy flat wounds on it, but rather light gauge nickel wound strings. i have heard that the bridge creates problems with lighter strings. i was considering buying a jaguar and changing the bridge. i am not interested in a tremolo. will changing the bridge be a problem? will i need to drill new holes or anything?
You guys wanna have some group sex?
Quote by Masry

but i dont play jazz, i play classic rock sorta stuff. i dont think i will put heavy flat wounds on it, but rather light gauge nickel wound strings. i have heard that the bridge creates problems with lighter strings. i was considering buying a jaguar and changing the bridge. i am not interested in a tremolo. will changing the bridge be a problem? will i need to drill new holes or anything?

Sorry I missed this earlier. I am not really sure but thought I would bump the thread so that maybe some one more knowledgeable would have the answer.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by Masry

The Jaguar isn't intended for jazz. In fact i think its best suited to rock sounds. I know John Frusciante as well as Jimi Hendrix have used them so...

Anyways, there really nice guitars and are on my list for my next guitar purchase.
Free Mumia
Very nice. I love love love that color. Ive never played one before, but I may try to scout one out some time.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Hi there, I'm considering to buy a Jaguar soon. I tried it in the local shop yesterday, and I really liked most of it. Although the bridge seemed to be very problematic for me too. I wonder if it could be modified or replaced with another one. I would love to have a hexaphonic piezo system on there too for midi things...

Also all those switches really confused me more than they helped. When I switched drive or distortion on, the humming was quite annoying too, so I might want to put some other PUs in there too or just add a hum cancelling coil...

It is a Japanese one, by the way, and it's on sale for half of the original price.

Any thoughts? Should I do it or not? Are there any other major drawbacks?
get a mustang bridge munirocks you wont regret it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.