ok, this is my gear:

-homemade les paul-style guitar - (dimebucker bridge, epiphone stock neck)

- DS-1 boss distortion pedal

- peavey classic 30 1x12 tube combo amp

this is my problem

-When I have my volume past a certain point (?9:00?) on the clean channel with my DS-1 on, i get a really annoying piercing feedback noise from my amp.

additional info

-It doesn't matter which pickup is selected

-sometimes, but not always, it goes away if i touch certain strings

-it usually goes away if I play something

-when I turn down the volume, on either the guitar OR amp, it goes away

-this happens even if the treble, bass, and middle are all in the 12 o'clock position.

-distance from the guitar to the amp has no effect on the feedback.

-my guitar was made well, the only problem it might have is that I grounded it to the metal plate covering the hole for the pots, instead of the input jack.

did anyone have a similar problem? how could I fix this?
I think you answered yourself there. Reground it.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
noise suppressor it think. im pretty sure its just feedback from the amount of distortion your using, wheter is small or not, you'll hear it. but thats just wat i got to say...i may be wrong.
I'd agree with Aptom. You've got the amp cranked up and distortion turned on. You've got a lot of gain there, so you're going to hear this. The input jack should have 2 wires going to it - 1 of those is signal and the other is ground. The ground ring of the input jack should also make contact with the plate, grounding it, too.
it could be from the pedal. i get feedback from mine (boss mt2) all the time. but its MOST LIKELY grounding. reground your guitar correctly.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I'd agree with Aptom. You've got the amp cranked up and distortion turned on. You've got a lot of gain there, so you're going to hear this. The input jack should have 2 wires going to it - 1 of those is signal and the other is ground. The ground ring of the input jack should also make contact with the plate, grounding it, too.

9:00 on my amp isn't high... it's around 3.. out of 12.

thanks for the advice on how to ground it properly.

EDIT

its NOT the ground. I just tried it with my old squire, and the same noise results...
Last edited by markomite at Dec 14, 2008,