I feel it is about time for me to make myself one. I have a small room in my house that i think is perfect to use. Its alittle bit long, but everything should fit pretty well.

What type of equipment should i look into buying for it?

and also i don't plan on living here forever so i want it to be somewhat easy to make a move if necesarry.

For the budget, i just want to try to get the best bang for my buck with this.

This studio will primarily be for everything except for drums so vocals, bass, and guitar.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Before you start off buying things, keep in mind, that having a home recording studio is like 10 times more expensive than just playing guitar. Let's just say that it's gonna cost you a little bit more than that Line 6 amp you got there
Again, there might be a "best bang for the buck", but it will be a pretty big buck none the less.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Indeed. Assuming you buy good mics (i.e. SM58) and you buy... four, that would be 400 smackers right there, not counting the mixer, cables, and 8-track.

If I were you I'd just focus on guitar money, unless you really want to get into recording.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just buy a multi-track recorder and some mics to see how you/your band sound like. Don't buy anything else. It's just a waste of your time and money.

If you want to make a demo or something find an affordable studio for that. It would be a great deal I promise you.

Edit: You can call this your home studio(then you wont need the recorder and mics)
http://www.portlandmusiccompany.com/h2.html
Last edited by YA89 at Dec 14, 2008,