Just got a new VHT Pitbull Utra Lead Head. Sounds pretty good, not as heavy sounding as I expected for something called a "Pitbull." I kept seeing one at Guitar Center and nobody would buy it, becuase not many people had any experience with VHT heads including myself, so I thought I'd try it. More pics and clips soon. I'll post an actual review later today after I've screwed around with it more.

How dry sounding is it?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It's actually not dry at all. Very good tone. I run it with a Gibson LP Studio and it sounds great.
not heavy? really? Unearth, Mudvayne and ISIS all use the UL heads and they get pretty low end intense crunch. Hmm...what cab are you running with it and what tubes? Either way, really nice buy. VHT makes really good amps and cabs.
Is that the CL100watter. If so you might want to consider a used Diezel, Bogner, Splawn, Mako, Peters. I've never been impressed by VHT, not only do all of their amps sound they same, they sound like hot rodded Rectos. Sure, VHT's are good, but I feel as though they should be about 60% of their price.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah, they cost more than they're worth, but they are nice. And to RG FanMan, I'm running it through a Marshall 1960A Cab, just 'cause it was on sale on MusiciansFriend =P and I'm using the stock tubes. 5 12AX7's, 1 12AT7, and 4 6550's.
Nice buy...

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a Deliverance head for a while now... looking forward to your review.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
the 1960s more than likely the problem. VHTs through matching cabs or recto cabs sound GODLY but a Marshall cab doesn't flatter the sound and makes it a bit meh. The tubes definitley aren't the problem though ,so it's definitely the cab. also, are you turning it up really loud?
Sometimes I turn it up, and sometimes no. It just depends. I think my electronics may be a cause. I'm running this thing through 2 Marshall cabs, a Pre-Amp, 4 Rack EQ's, a Sig Simulator, a pedalboard with 14(I think) pedals, into a Mackie PA System, and then into my computer to record.
run it straight into the two cabs, no fx, then try it with the pedalboard, then through everything else. VHT's dont need an extra pre or a rack eq with it. i've got no clue what a sig simulator is so can't help there. but try it just guitar > amp first and see how it sounds.
I will. First time I've unplugged everything in a year or so too, so this is a good chance to make sure everything's wired nicely. Thanks for the help.
excellent! i like vhts...

not too fond of the prices over here in the UK, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love my UL and deliverance. Here's a tip though, run the master at about 3:00 then set your channel volumes to taste it sounds much better than running the master low and channels high. I also thought it sounded better going through a VHT cab than the Mesa cab I was running it through
For Sale: Dean DFH $450 + sh/pp
VHT (Fryette) fatbottom 4x12 $600 + sh/pp
Rock Hard Dual Head + rack $500
+ sh/pp
Soldano Space Box $750 + sh/pp
ha ill trade you for my laney vh100r lol.

im sure itll sound better as you figure it out
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff