iv been asked to learn this for my band and i need to know which one is write because all the ones on here are all diffrent and i dont no if its in D or whatever

tl:dr which bass tab is right for plug in baby?
its not rape if you shout suprise
Why not try transcribing by ear? Or, failing that, why not buy the tab book?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Or, why not see which tabs are right? Listen to the song as you play along with the tab. When what you are playing does not match up with that is coming from the actual song, try and figure out what it should be.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Better yet, transcribe the guitar riff for bass and make your guitarist learn the bass riff.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
It's not in drop D, in fact there is no need to play on the 'E' at all. TS, check the tabs and play along, if they don't sound right see what you can do with them.
Quote by Froggy McHop
It's not in drop D, in fact there is no need to play on the 'E' at all. TS, check the tabs and play along, if they don't sound right see what you can do with them.

Well, that's true for the chorus sections. But if you listen to the verse sections, there is clearly a D1 note there. The only way to play this is via tuning that uses that D.

I learnt this song before I got Muse transcriptions and used my ears. The transcription simply confirmed what I was playing. It's quite clear to me there's a low D. Hell, I can't see how you could play the verses without a the 4th string tuned to E or D. You sure we're talking about the same song?
Quote by Beast_Within
Better yet, transcribe the guitar riff for bass and make your guitarist learn the bass riff.

Indeed. The Guitar riff is definitely a catchy one you'll want to learn if you feel like transposing(If you have a 6 string bass just match yourself up with the guitar tab).

I learned Plug in Baby in Drop D.
If in doubt, just look at the chord progression in the guitar part, and just play roots. I haven't heard this particular song, but my guess would be that he gallops a lot. Don't forget distortion, and you've got yourself a Muse bassline.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by David12390
Indeed. The Guitar riff is definitely a catchy one you'll want to learn if you feel like transposing(If you have a 6 string bass just match yourself up with the guitar tab).

I learned Plug in Baby in Drop D.

You still have to make adjustments for the BEADGC arrangement on bass as opposed to the EADGBE arrangement on guitar. If you played it straight across it would be wrong.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Quote by Caustic
I play it in standard, and have been doing so for some time, though i play it kind of high up the fretboard... say, what the riff people play in drop D is, but an octave up. I think he uses an octaver and a fuzz in the actual song though, so that's where the low D sound is coming from, and probably why there's some confusion as to whether its played in drop d or not.
Quote by Anti-bucket
I play it in standard, and have been doing so for some time, though i play it kind of high up the fretboard... say, what the riff people play in drop D is, but an octave up. I think he uses an octaver and a fuzz in the actual song though, so that's where the low D sound is coming from, and probably why there's some confusion as to whether its played in drop d or not.

+1 This is what I do as well.
Quote by Caustic
Yeh "Anti-Bucket" is right, Chris plays the song in standard with an octaver and a hell of alot of fuzz on it.

I used to play this with my old band, and I always dropped my E to D.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by shut_up_you_***
Well, that's true for the chorus sections. But if you listen to the verse sections, there is clearly a D1 note there. The only way to play this is via tuning that uses that D.

I learnt this song before I got Muse transcriptions and used my ears. The transcription simply confirmed what I was playing. It's quite clear to me there's a low D. Hell, I can't see how you could play the verses without a the 4th string tuned to E or D. You sure we're talking about the same song?

We're definately talking about the same song, I'm a big fan

As previous posts have stated I play it an octave higher, the D on the A string, 5th fret. I don't think it would make a helluva difference either way, they're both D. So I guess it's whatever sounds best.
Quote by Beast_Within
You still have to make adjustments for the BEADGC arrangement on bass as opposed to the EADGBE arrangement on guitar. If you played it straight across it would be wrong.

Ah yes. I overlooked that :l