Page 1 of 2
So,

Im gonna assume that everyone here has been to quite a few gigs in their time, whether you were playing onstage, or just watching from the pits.

But, everyone has at least one moment at one of these gigs where they have a moment of "Oh...My...GOD! that was AWESOME!"

This is for you to post that moment...

For instance, when i saw Slipknot live, when MachineHead supported, they said that the night before they'd had 5 circle pits going at the same time.

lights went up halfway through the next song, there was about eight going at once.

Aaaaand...GO
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
I snapped 3 strings at once on stage.
Amp malfunctioned, it was pretty intense tryin' to get it workin' again.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
When I went to see Roger Waters and he played "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" for Sid who died almost a year day for day ago at the time of the show.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by dantheman558
So,

Im gonna assume that everyone here has been to quite a few gigs in their time, whether you were playing onstage, or just watching from the pits.

But, everyone has at least one moment at one of these gigs where they have a moment of "Oh...My...GOD! that was AWESOME!"

This is for you to post that moment...

For instance, when i saw Slipknot live, when MachineHead supported, they said that the night before they'd had 5 circle pits going at the same time.

lights went up halfway through the next song, there was about eight going at once.

Aaaaand...GO

That night before was Newcastle i'll bet. I was there.
I must admit i was stunned by Joey Jordison's rising upside down drum movement bonanza.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Being at a Rush gig and having the lights go off and a spot light shoot on and Alex Lifeson walk on playing Limelight.

Being only 13 when this happened, it was the greatest thing I ever saw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yRsILg8Umk
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Dec 14, 2008,
When I swung down from the ceiling upside down and sprayed the audience with an Uzi.
when i saw the black crowes and they did about a five minute jam before playing "movin on down the line"

edit: or at my first concert ever when i got to see hinder, buckcherry, velvet revolver, and zz top, and a bunch of other bands that i wasnt thrilled about seeing but oh well.

edit2: i got dropped twice crowd surfing at that concert ^ t was still awesome though
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Last edited by wicket_nirvana at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Trefellin
When I swung down from the ceiling upside down and sprayed the audience with an Uzi.

Hey, thats my move!
Quote by Trefellin

arent u glad u brought the rope?

lets see who gets that reference
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Live show featuring a bunch of local bands. People picked me up to crowd surf. I saw 3 circle pits going and someone almost dropped me onto a microphone stand. Not bad for how big the room was.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
when the street dogs braught out C.J ramone to sing R.A.M.O.N.E.S
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
Seeing Tesseract in general was just awesome squared; their music is just so intense...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
personal experience: at my very first gig when i played the guitar solo to slither and the crowd cheered that was awwwwwwwesome!!

at a gig: either when Guns N Roses kicked out some security guards (NEC/LG arena Birmingham '06 ... its on youTube)

or when trivium chucked out stuff.. (Same year as GNR youtube it :P) more cuz it was funny

or when iron maiden played fear of the dark

or foo fighters the whole ****ing gig was immense
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
saw goat***** live and watched the bassist knock out some emo kid that was pisssing him off
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
red's guitar player doing his guitar spin in the song breathe into me

the crowd went crazy
When i saw Dragonforce a few weeks ago, Sam Totman did a stage dive on top of my friend and me
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dantheman558

Did you see them on a Monday? cos I saw them and they had so many circle pits...that was probably my most intense moment, it was scary
argh theres a few

The first chord being hit at an opeth gig a few years ago, first time saw them live woooow it was like being hiti n the face with the earth!

Hearing Aesthetics of Hate and Halo last thursday at the Slipknot/Machinehead gig

Witnessing Metallica Perform the entire Maste of Puppets album at Download 06

Seeing Dream Theater live!
Quote by Mihyaeru
argh theres a few

Seeing Dream Theater live!

+1
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Seeing Tesseract in general was just awesome squared; their music is just so intense...

hehe bad maths joke but i love it...tho wouldnt a tesseract be more than squared, I mean a Tesseract is a 4D model
Quote by undecided1993
Did you see them on a Monday? cos I saw them and they had so many circle pits...that was probably my most intense moment, it was scary

Nah, the one i was at was in Sheffield on the 12th December

Phil Demmel collpased onstage

and when Rob Flynn came out to tell everyone they weren't gonna be able to play anymore songs, the whole arena just exploded with support for them.

THAT was pretty cool, and i was proud to be a part of it all.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by gillehy

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
At a Judas Priest show I went to a few months back. Seeing Rob Halford ride out on the motorcycle for "Hell bent for Leather". It was just so badass.
"Don't make me come down there!"

-God

[quote=""Professor McGonagall"
"]Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

I'm a girl, by the way.
I was at a local concert watching some friends open for Alexisonfire and Moneen, and a guy in the audience took his glass eye out and was fist pumping with it in his hand. Moneen stopped playing, addressed the guy, and the singer took hold of his glass eyeball. He made an "eye" pun, handed it back to him, and they continued playing the song afterward. The intensity of the concert picked up by about 8 notches after that. I can not make this one up.
Your Signature:
Last edited by justinrobbins7 at Dec 14, 2008,
Me and our bassist both kicked our singer in the balls AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Several epic moments at Neverender London (Coheed & Cambria playing all of their material for 4 nights straight, basically). The best was on the first night where the crowd started to sing "the theme", and the band were dumbstruck. People tried to do it again on every other night, but it never quite got as epic as when it first happened.

Also, getting microphone grabs at Converge. Nothing spectacular as the crowd seem to do more of the vocals than Jake does, but it was a pretty special moment for me.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Nice, still gotta catch them live. Fellsilent have been awesome the couple times Ive seen them, great stage presence...and so much groooove lol

Looking forward to Tesseracts mini album thingy?

Oh and most intense was possibly Lamb of Gods wall of death at download 07, that was mental.

Or Meshuggah in september...now that was INTENSE
Last edited by Rational_Gaze at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by dantheman558
Nah, the one i was at was in Sheffield on the 12th December

Phil Demmel collpased onstage

and when Rob Flynn came out to tell everyone they weren't gonna be able to play anymore songs, the whole arena just exploded with support for them.

THAT was pretty cool, and i was proud to be a part of it all.

He collapsed?!
Joe Satriani and Leslie West jamming together was pretty sweet.

Quote by wicket_nirvana

Why do you need to include that? It has no relevance to the thread at all, and you're not accomplishing anything by watching Boondock Saints or quoting it.
Quote by Mihyaeru
hehe bad maths joke but i love it...tho wouldnt a tesseract be more than squared, I mean a Tesseract is a 4D model

Wasn't really a maths joke, I just like the expression "awesome squared" and TesseracT are beyond good.

Quote by Rational_Gaze
Nice, still gotta catch them live. Fellsilent have been awesome the couple times Ive seen them, great stage presence...and so much groooove lol

Looking forward to Tesseracts mini album thingy?

Oh and most intense was possibly Lamb of Gods wall of death at download 07, that was mental.

Oh hell yes, it's not often I look forward to an album release but Tesseract have really got me going...the only other release I've ever been really excited about was Traced in Air.

I was at download 07 as well, LoG were pretty awesome but I wasn't in the front.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Dec 14, 2008,
seeing carcass at damnation about 3 weeks ago.....when carcass played corporal jigsore quadary it was the only time ive been genuinely scared id get trampled in a pit, it was so ****ing brutal when that first riff kicked in
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Quote by undecided1993
He collapsed?!

Yeah, about 5 songs into the set.

Corey told us that he was okay though, when Slipknot were halfway thru their set.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by gillehy

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Quote by wicket_nirvana

*Irish accent*

"Go get your stupid fucking rope."
Mayhem at the Tweeter (Comcast) Center August 5 2008, During kingdom of sorrow robb flynn (machine head) was sitting off to the side on the steps must have seen my machine head shirt cause he pointed at me and i did the "me?" point bak to myself and he nodded said "**** yeah!" and stuck up the metal horns. Later that same gig during their set i was front row center for their full set along with airbourne's (a roadie handed me their setlist after they finished btw) so i was maybe 5 feet from robb the whole time, and after imperium i started bowing to the stage and after a ferw seconds robb started bowing back it was insane. Imperium, Bowing at the end
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Quote by Batvanvaiych
When i saw Dragonforce a few weeks ago, Sam Totman did a stage dive on top of my friend and me

I hope you didn't catch any of his suck.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I was at one of my friend's bands gigs, and when the first band played people started moshing. One person got thrown into a PA, the PA fell over and hit a lamp, and the lamp fell on the bass player and broke. It was hilarious.
At Disturbed in Glasgow between the support band and Disturbed coming on, they played Bodies by Drowning Pool and that got its own pit!
when i saw Rawhyde (local band) thier singer did a front flip and landed on his back. then he got up and did a harmonica solo (they are a metal band..)
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Page 1 of 2