So I have a question, that I should probably ask someone at my school but I guess I'll try and get the pits opinion.

I want to go to college, maybe, I don't know where yet. I'm not sure what I want to major in either haha.

I'm taking alot of classes that I really love next semester like Film Studies, Creative Writing, Forms of Fiction and AP Psych.

So I'll probably major in something like that, but the problem is my GPA is horrible, it's probably about 1 something I had a .5 gpa last year, so I don't know if they'd let me in the doors haha

But!

I received a 28 on my ACT, so.... I think that's a pretty fair tradeoff for colllege, what do you guys think?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Nah, actually most colleges would rather see low test scores and high grades - it means you're working hard, at least. High scores and low grades indicate a slacker, as far as a lot of college admissions officers are concerned.

That said, there are plenty of colleges you could get into, even with lame grades. Talk to your guidance counselor.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Tons of people don't have a defined major. All colleges probably have advisement centers where they can give you tests on what you could be good at, or at least point you in the right direction.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Also, there's alot of classes I won't be able to graduate with like Algebra 3 or Chemistry. I know if I have a defined major it will be for writing or psychology or music or something.

I know if enjoy the work I'll put for an effort. Hopefully someday I'll grow up and do my best at everything no matter what, haha
Quote by iceman_8319
Tons of people don't have a defined major. All colleges probably have advisement centers where they can give you tests on what you could be good at, or at least point you in the right direction.

Off topic- but, you have a ****ing awesome taste in music- Russian Circles, Red Sparrows, Dire Straits, HORSE, Pelican, Brand New

high five brotha
Quote by Unourrit01
go to a community college, build up your gpa and transfer

qft
fck.
Quote by Unourrit01

This.

Your going to have a tough time getting in anywhere decent with a gpa of 1. You can go to a community college for a relatively small amount of money and improve your grades. If you got a 28 that means you can probably do pretty well if you put the effort in.
Quote by TDKshorty
Off topic- but, you have a ****ing awesome taste in music- Russian Circles, Red Sparrows, Dire Straits, HORSE, Pelican, Brand New

high five brotha

haha, thanks

I was kind of in the same situation as you were, I'm currently going to community college (for 4 semesters so far it's cost me around 4 k, whereas going to the local university, 4k would get about a semester and a half). Community college is great for me because I take all my classes at night (I usually couldn't be bothered showing up for my first class during high school), and the classes are much smaller, so you can ask more questions, get 1 on 1 time with the professors, ect.. I'll transfer to a University pretty soon, but for now, I'm happy where I am.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Unourrit01

This. Your ACT score is good, but with a GPA like yours, you'll be hardpressed to find someone who will let you in. Building up your GPA at a community college will not only help your chances at getting into a uni, but it's also cheaper to start off there.
Quote by Unourrit01

This is probably what you'll have to do. From all that I've read, the GPA is your most important factor in getting acceped to college, with your standardized test scores following behind. You'll save a lot of money this way too, and you'll just be doing your gen-eds anyway.

Don't worry about your major right now. Most people change it a lot.