are there any credit cards that allow minors (I am 17) to apply for a card? my mom wants me to build up credit for college loans and/or a car.

Also, would it be easier just to get a debit card?
stick to cash
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
You cant get a credit card until your 18, although if you do manage to get one before your 18 max it out as they can't force you to pay it back
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
You cant get a credit card until your 18, although if you do manage to get one before your 18 max it out as they can't force you to pay it back

yeah, but he's trying to build credit...not ruin it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Do you have a bank account? I think as long as your parents permit it, you can have access to your account. This would let you have a debit card, however I think you need a checking account for debit, since that's what the card is tied to.

You could get a credit card, but you're going to need a job and would likely need your parents to co-sign, since you're under 18.
dont fool with debit unless you just have to have a card. a debit card wont build up credit, but it can still mess up your credit. i wouldnt get either.
Quote by cap'n curry
yeah, but he's trying to build credit...not ruin it

It doesn't matter, as long as you're under 18 it's illegal for them to hold you in debt so it won't effect your credit either way, just make sure to tell them you're not paying before you turn 18
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by sg dude 38
dont fool with debit unless you just have to have a card. a debit card wont build up credit, but it can still mess up your credit. i wouldnt get either.

This. Cash is where it's at.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
lloyds TSB
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
if your mom has good credit and is willing to cosign a card with you, you can