Page 1 of 2
so i got a paper round and i get paid at least £10 a week (or around that) and get extra money for other stuff i have to deliver
i worked out that in a year i would earn about £520 give or take, depending on when i am ill or on holiday i would probably earn at least £480

so i know i will use the money to get a new guitar but i dont know what would be good in that range. i went up to £650 cos i would get money from relatives for xmas and b'day.

i play a wide variety of music. i play blues.acoustic,rock,punk,metal/metalcore and quite a few others. so i would need a guitar that would be good for most styles.

edit: dont really fancy anything with a trem
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Dec 14, 2008,
Fender strat/tele (perhaps classic player or highway1) - not too good for the metal though
Ibanez RG1570 or S670 (probably need a pickup swap) if you fancy something with a locking trem

Just a couple of the more common buys in that range. What guitar/amp do you have atm?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by pEdAl2
Fender strat/tele (perhaps classic player or highway1) - not too good for the metal though
Ibanez RG1570 or S670 (probably need a pickup swap) if you fancy something with a locking trem

Just a couple of the more common buys in that range. What guitar/amp do you have atm?

atm i have a bc rich bronze warlock and hopefully my peavey vypyr 75 will arrive soon

Quote by _bacon_

Gimme £650, I'd make you something amazing.

22 fret maple neck (strat style)
You've got a bit of choice as to body, anything that KNE Guitars makes
Gotoh Floyd Rose (the best maker of the bridge at this point in time)
Any pickups that you want
Any controls that you want
Any colour that you want.
Look at a schecter or fenders in that range. Fender has a wide selection at that range.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by _bacon_

I like the look of the PRS SE Singlecut and will give one a go soon. Your best bet is to make a short list and then go to a good guitar shop and give them a go. I can normally tell quickly if guitar suits me. The first thing I check after the general build quality is the playing action. If that is good then the tone / sound comes next. After that does it do what I want ?
Quote by darkhorizon
I like the look of the PRS SE Singlecut and will give one a go soon. Your best bet is to make a short list and then go to a good guitar shop and give them a go. I can normally tell quickly if guitar suits me. The first thing I check after the general build quality is the playing action. If that is good then the tone / sound comes next. After that does it do what I want ?

cool can you tell me what you think of it.

i tried an ibanez rg and didnt like it. i think it was around £400

i also saw a PRS Tremonti SE BK, there is like £100 price difference between it and the SE singlecut on THOMANN

Quote by _bacon_

okay. so i think i have it narrowed down to a schecter, ibanez or a prs

and the best thing is my local guitar shop stocks them

one thing i noticed was that on THOMANN the price for a prs se singlecut was around £600 but on other sites it is more £350-£400

Quote by _bacon_

I reckon ESP LTD EC-1000 look on egay now and there is a bargain one with a buy it now of 350 if i had the money i would buy it myself in an instant, its such a badass guitar
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Well the Washburn x50 pro looks really good for the price (£300 with Seymour duncans or £330 with EMG's), in fact I might even buy myself one! I noticed that this Washburn is almost the exact same price as the Schecters you listed in the US, which made me think they are probably very similar in quality, and I figured that as we aren't bombarded with various taxes like the Schecter, why waste over £300?
Last edited by Spudderz at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Spudderz
Well the Washburn x50 pro looks really good for the price (£300 with Seymour duncans or £330 with EMG's), in fact I might even buy myself one! I noticed that this Washburn is almost the exact same price as the Schecters you listed in the US, which made me think they are probably very similar in quality, and I figured that as we aren't bombarded with various taxes like the Schecter, why waste over £300?

i have looked at the washburn x50 pro. but surely for £480 - £650 there are better guitars

Quote by _bacon_

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/set_neck_series/roundhouse_hb_fm.html

The Reverend Roundhouse HB-FM.

It does everything, and it does it well. (If you have a suitable amp/rig for the genres, ofc.)

It's perfectly set ut and gigable out of the box.

The new ones are of Korina wood, though. As opposed to the older ones who were made of mahogany. Check them out and see if they have a dealer somewhere near you
i have a schecter..and cant praise it enough.
the hellraiser series are AMAZING. would say try them though, the necks are kinda chunky but to me fells safer to have that than using my ibanez rg/s.
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by Mwoit

i am actually quite tempted by the C1 Blackjack. or the C1 Plus which looks great but there is a £100 difference in price

Quote by _bacon_

Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by WARLOCK123
i have looked at the washburn x50 pro. but surely for £480 - £650 there are better guitars

probably, but they're at least as good as those schecters you're looking at, and better than the PRS SEs (in my opinion).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
probably, but they're at least as good as those schecters you're looking at, and better than the PRS SEs (in my opinion).

well the schecter C1 Plus is around £580 so thats £280 more expensive than the washburn x50 pro. also if i bought a normal C1 for £425 (or around that) i could replace the pickups.

does anyone know what the difference between a C1 Blackjack and C1 Plus is?

Quote by _bacon_

that's what i mean, with the schecter you're paying a couple of hundred quid more (almost twice the price in the case of the C1 plus) for what is essentially the same guitar. they might even be made in the same factory (and as i said, i prefer the washburn). neck shapes etc. will be a little different though. you shouldn't really judge it on price, you should judge it on how nice a guitar it is... that's what i'm saying. those korean schecters aren't worth anywhere near £600, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's what i mean, with the schecter you're paying a couple of hundred quid more (almost twice the price in the case of the C1 plus) for what is essentially the same guitar. they might even be made in the same factory (and as i said, i prefer the washburn). neck shapes etc. will be a little different though. you shouldn't really judge it on price, you should judge it on how nice a guitar it is... that's what i'm saying. those korean schecters aren't worth anywhere near £600, if you ask me.

well i am gonna ask around in shops to see what i can find out about them. but like i said. i might go for a normal C1 and replace the pickups

Quote by _bacon_

why would you trust what a shopkeeper tells you? if they sell washburn, they have a vested interest so are likely to tell you they're awesome, and if they don't, then they're likely to tell you that they suck and that whatever they do sell is amazing... rather convenient.

not saying we have all the answers here or anything (we don't), but at least we don't have a vested interest, a financial stake, in some products but not others...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
why would you trust what a shopkeeper tells you? if they sell washburn, they have a vested interest so are likely to tell you they're awesome, and if they don't, then they're likely to tell you that they suck and that whatever they do sell is amazing... rather convenient.

not saying we have all the answers here or anything (we don't), but at least we don't have a vested interest, a financial stake, in some products but not others...

well i aint just gonna go to 1 shop and ask. i willl go to several. but there is one shop and the owner doesnt have any financial stake in any products. its more like, you go in and if there is a guitar you like he will try to order it for you

Quote by _bacon_

What ever you personally want everyone here is too full of themselves.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Washburn is actually better than Schecter IMO, just the price is way hiked.

If I had that budget, I would buy this, no questions asked.
Last edited by Horlicks at Dec 16, 2008,
PRS SE Custom should be in your price range. It's probably my favourite guitar in that range. Plays beautifully, looks amazing.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
PRS SE Custom should be in your price range. It's probably my favourite guitar in that range. Plays beautifully, looks amazing.

i looked at it. dont really like it that much

Quote by _bacon_

Fender US Telecaster, most versatile guitar ever, and nobody say it cant do metal because it totally can
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by jigy-i-joe
Heard of Indie Guitars. You can get some really nice guitars for the price.
http://www.indieguitars.com/guitarshop/erol.html

those look pretty good. i will bear them in mind.

i am also considering a guitar witha termolo. atm i think it would be this

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=178

though i will look at ibanez and see if there are any like the RGT6EXFX

Quote by _bacon_

be careful with the cheaper ibanez RGs with trems. you want to be going MIJ prestige if you get an RG with a trem (which should easily be possible with your budget).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Horlicks
Washburn is actually better than Schecter IMO, just the price is way hiked.

If I had that budget, I would buy this, no questions asked.

Great suggestion, also look into the PGM301, bit over your budget though
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Spudderz

Get the Washburn.
Not that the other guitars listed are bad but this is like, half the price for similar and in some cases better quality. They're an absolute steal.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
that's what i'm trying to say. if he wants a trem, i'd prefer an MIJ ibanez prestige, but if it's a straight choice between the washburn, schecter etc. (all hardtails and korean-made), what you're saying is, in my opinion at least and based on the examples which i've tried of each, 100% correct.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah and TS, what's the ****ing point of buying a £425 guitar and then spending another £120 on a pair of decent pups when you can pay £300 or £350 for a guitar that COMES with decent pups (being either USA seymour duncans or active EMGs)? It's just completely unethical, uneconomical and y'know..kinda dumb.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
^ yeah- with the caveat that the cheaper guitar isn't just a worse guitar with better pickups (which isn't the case in this instance, i don't think so, anyway).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tribute by G & L s-500, best money i ever spent. plays so much better than any american strat and its about $400 cheaper
Page 1 of 2