Page 1 of 3
Im looking for a great pc, but need a 9800 speed hard drive for music purposes. i also would like to play games..is it not possible at all to play games on a mac?
You can dual boot windows and game until your graphics card is out of date, then you need to buy a new mac,
If you want a laptop, get the MacBook Pro. You can install Windows on it to play games (it has a 9600GT).

If you want a desktop, just build your own computer. Buy parts from www.newegg.com

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
If you want a laptop, get the MacBook Pro. You can install Windows on it to play games (it has a 9600GT).

If you want a desktop, just build your own computer. Buy parts from www.newegg.com

This

Macs are great but they are lacking on the gaming front unfortunately.
Quote by IcedRth
is it not possible at all to play games on a mac?

Only if you're booting OS X. But that's the beauty of dual-boot.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
I've been thinking of buying the cheapest Macbook they have (~$1000). Would that be a good choice, or not?
Sorry for thread highjack, just figured this would be better than a new topic.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
I've been thinking of buying the cheapest Macbook they have (~$1000). Would that be a good choice, or not?

Hijack**.

And why do people suggest getting mac and then booting windows, mac hardware is more expensive... why not get a pc and then boot mac?

Unless pc's don't have a 9800 harddrive....
Quote by tona_107
Hijack**.

And why do people suggest getting mac and then booting windows, mac hardware is more expensive... why not get a pc and then boot mac?

Unless pc's don't have a 9800 harddrive....

You can't boot Mac OS X on a PC. Unless you get the kalyway version, which is hard to find, hard to install and full of bugs.

I second Xiaoxi. The Macbook Pro is one of the best laptops on the market.

I use one myself. It's a kick ass high quality laptop, and I bought Vista if I want to play games.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
if you're only spending 1000 don't get a mac, especially if you want to play games, you can get a descent gaming desktop for that price, and the high speed hard disks, aren't really common on laptops (if you find one i'd be amazed) so, desktop = the way to go, you won't be able to dual boot mac unfortunatly because mac only installs on... mac :p, you can do it on a pc, but it'll be a little hard (yeah microsoft aren't the only bastards)
Quote by JeanMi36
You can't boot Mac OS X on a PC. Unless you get the kalyway version, which is hard to find, hard to install and full of bugs.

I second Xiaoxi. The Macbook Pro is one of the best laptops on the market.

I use one myself. It's a kick ass high quality laptop, and I bought Vista if I want to play games.

Fo Realz?
I was planning on doing that haha that sucks.
What about sites like this....http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/964/install_osx_tiger_on_intel_usb_drives_windows/
or this
http://dailyapps.net/2007/10/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-3-easy-steps/
and
http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-dual-boot-leopard-and-windows-vista/
Last edited by tona_107 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by El Gigante

for laptop get an Alien Ware, top of the line a bit pricey but top notch...

No. Alienware is a complete rip off. It is nowhere near top of the line.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jango22

The new regular MacBooks are killin', too. Of course they don't have the dedicated 9600, but they have 9400 on-board, which will get you through some games.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Xiaoxi
No. Alienware is a complete rip off. It is nowhere near top of the line.

+1

People talk about Macs being overpriced and then recommend alien****? lulz.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Macs are brilliant for everything apart from games, they have a few good ones but not nearly as many as on a PC. But just get boot camp/parallels to run windows so you can have a mac and run all the PC games at the same time
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
Quote by tona_107

I've installed OSX on my pc before. It's not worth the work.

First of all, you can't install the original version of OSX. Every copy that you can install are modified versions that have had to disable many features of OSX.

Second of all, there is very very limited hardware support due to this operation being illegal, so chances are that something will not work such as the soundcard or network card or video card not being detected.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The new regular MacBooks are killin', too. Of course they don't have the dedicated 9600, but they have 9400 on-board, which will get you through some games.

They have both a 9600 and the new 9400 if im not mistaken.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by boreamor
I don't like Macs. They're really awkward. They may work better but I like right clicking.

You CAN right click on a mac.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by kaosfire
They have both a 9600 and the new 9400 if im not mistaken.

No, only the MacBook Pro has the 9600 as well. It switches between 9400 and 9600 for efficient energy use.

The regulars only have the 9400 integrated.

Quote by boreamor
If you press control on the keyboard at the same time, yes.

...or you can just you know...buy a 2-button mouse. Or does that make too much sense?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

...or you can just you know...buy a 2-button mouse. Or does that make too much sense?

I dislike Macs anyway I have to use them in music tech and the organization of files on them aren't as simple. It took me ages just to find out how to re-organize a folder into alphabetical order. Also the noise it makes when I turn it up or down drives me insane (I know you can turn it off by my teacher turns it back on)
they do have all the games for mac, they usually come out a couple months later than usual though,
but its great for onine games like America's Army or Wolfenstien
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
*ahem* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo...O

Thank you.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by boreamor
If you press control on the keyboard at the same time, yes.

or you can click on the right side of the mouse, as hard as that may be for you
edit: ^lol
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Quote by boreamor
I dislike Macs anyway I have to use them in music tech and the organization of files on them aren't as simple. It took me ages just to find out how to re-organize a folder into alphabetical order. Also the noise it makes when I turn it up or down drives me insane (I know you can turn it off by my teacher turns it back on)
Yea, I don't like the file management on OSX. It's very awkward in comparison with Windows. But it's pretty damn good overall. Equal to Vista and way way better than XP.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
or you can click on the right side of the mouse, as hard as that may be for you

Or you could be an asshole and not realize that I have only ever used the one button mouses for Macs? Or is that too hard to understand for someone with their head so far up their ass their breath smells of ****?
Quote by Xiaoxi
No, only the MacBook Pro has the 9600 as well. It switches between 9400 and 9600 for efficient energy use.

The regulars only have the 9400 integrated.

?? I thought we were talking about only the pros at that point.

And you dont even need a two button mouse, if preferances you can set the lower right corner of the trackpad to be a right click.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by Xiaoxi
I've installed OSX on my pc before. It's not worth the work.

First of all, you can't install the original version of OSX. Every copy that you can install are modified versions that have had to disable many features of OSX.

Second of all, there is very very limited hardware support due to this operation being illegal, so chances are that something will not work such as the soundcard or network card or video card not being detected.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is balls...
so if i want both i should really get parallels then?
i don't know if i can ever get used to no right click button but i guess it's worth it.
i didn't think you would be returning to this thread so i opened the new one...whoops.
Last edited by tona_107 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
i don't know if i can ever get used to no right click button but i guess it's worth it.
i didn't think you would be returning to this thread so i opened the new one...whoops.

Dont do parallels, it takes up RAM, just use Bootcamp and switch between OSX and Windows when you please.

If your gaming, running a game through paralells is going to suffer because your basically emulating another system at the same time as gaming, causing your gaming experience to suffer.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by tona_107

Set up a full dual boot if you want to play games or do other intensive applications. Parallels and VMWare should only be used for light operations.

Drop all the dumb things you've heard about right clicking and all that bs. You can right click in several different ways, including the old 2 button mouse.

And remember, if you're buying a laptop, you are paying for more than just the operating system. And that's why MacBooks are worth the money.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well what are you used to?
macs or pc?
cuz macs are different and take some getting used, there pretty sweet though and if you have the cash i guess go for it.
But do you have an ipoD?
If so, did you use it with a pc?
cuz if you had it on a pc, and then use it with a mac, all your songs will get deleted.
macs are really cool with photobooth and everything though, its up to you.
Quote by boreamor
Or you could be an asshole and not realize that I have only ever used the one button mouses for Macs? Or is that too hard to understand for someone with their head so far up their ass their breath smells of ****?

came down cracker this aint a rally
besides, mac users had to get used to theone button system, and doesnt take that long to get used to it..
and just so you know, you can buy two button mouses that work on macs
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Quote by Xiaoxi
Um, you can't build your own laptop to begin with. (unless you're extremely good at carpentry and computer mechanics).

Hackintosh is just a modified version of OSX. It's modified so that it can be installed on a PC, but many functions are disabled as a result. Not worth the hassle, as I've said in the other thread.

Yeah I know you can't build your own laptop...that's why I said "But I want a laptop", although I see how the second part of that 'sentence' could have made you think otherwise haha.
It's pretty amazing how they get them together though rather impressive.
Page 1 of 3