Hey guys,

I play lead for my youth group's band at church. My current set-up is:

--> Crate 15 watter
My Fender -> Effects <
--> Sound board

(Using the effects pedal's stereo outputs)

I'm using the Crate as a monitor, and it sounds atrocious. The distortion/overdrive comes from my effects. What I want is a small tube amp, that sounds great: nice clean tone + smooth, loud overdrive. The sound I'm looking for ranges from Johnny F's clean tones to an Aerosmith type overdrive. (Live versions of Walk this Way?)

There is also the issue of effects. I commonly use delay/trem/wah. Should I get an amp with an effects loop, or run the effects in directly as in guitar -> effects -> amp? Either way, I'm going to need a line out as well.

Thanks UG.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
fender champ 600 with or without some pedals works amazing for me! or else the crate 5 watt sounds pretty good too
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
blackheart little giant or blackheart handsome devil or orange tiny terror
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Either go with the aforementioned Tiny Terror, or, if you, like me, hate carrying cabs and don't need 2 to 4 speakers and can't afford the combo version, try a Blues Junior; out of all the small tube combos I tried at Guitar Center that were in my price range, it won out tone-wise, and I get my effects and heavier distortion from my rig, so I was fine with it's basic-ness of controls.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
blackheart little giant or blackheart handsome devil or orange tiny terror

I was looking at the Blackhearts and a friend of mine suggested it. I guess I'll go have a look at the Orange one too now.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
You could get one of the Crate V series amps. Or a Blues Junior. But you would need an overdrive if you get the BJ, it's relatively low gain.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna try out the Orange and the Blackheart at some music stores and decide which one sounds better.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Last edited by BillieJoeFreak: at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna try out the Orange and the Blackheart and the Blues Junior at some music stores and decide which one sounds better.

Fixed.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Fixed.

Hah, alright. Just for you I will.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
go blackheart or orange
maybe a small fender
or if you are on a budget the little epiphone thingy (if you are using the OD from your pedal)