Page 1 of 2
i got my vc 50 of ebay too and its amazing. mines in alot worse condition because ive gigged it but they can withstand pretty much most stuff.

Gear
ESP LTD SC607
ESP LTD MH250nt
ESP 1989 M1
Laney VC50
Boss TU,NS, GE
Moley Wah
Can i ask how much u paid? i think they usually go for £300 but this has a full speaker and tube change so its probably a fair price
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by thellamaking
*high fives*

VC50s are amazing, your PG rig is pretty much complete

He uses Marshall now, but i prefer his tone he had with Laney
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
He uses Marshall now, but i prefer his tone he had with Laney

Have you heard his tone now with the JVM!?

Oh good god! The worst.

Thin, fizz.....etc etc

And the clean tone sounds like someone has put a blanket in front of a 5150!
Well it sounded pretty good when i saw him live, I've heard the amp is awful, but then when it's cranked it sounds godly.

He has 3 single coils and a vintage marshall amp, he's going through a Hendrix phase i think :P

Personally, I think he still sounds good, but that's because the tone is in his fingers.If an average player played a Marshall Vintage Modern is would probably sound poor, but I'm yet to have played on one.

Can i ask how your Mule sounds in the Neck position?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Dec 14, 2008,
Perfect!
It is that Gary Moore creamy sound - not any bit of honkiness

Very much different are the Trilogies within my Strat - you get the creamy sound with quite a honk or a quack.

You have a very odd combination there!
Indeed i do, Bridge- racer X middle- Hendrix Neck - SRV
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
He does Marshall 2266c
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
congrats sharpant!

Thank you very much
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by thellamaking
i thought he used the VM and not the JVM?

Hope you enjoy the VC50, i do

Correction.

Thanks.
Quote by davedoom
Have you heard his tone now with the JVM!?

Oh good god! The worst.

Thin, fizz.....etc etc

And the clean tone sounds like someone has put a blanket in front of a 5150!

Live he uses a modded marshall amp. It has it's tonal beauties, but when I saw him a year ago live he had 2 or 3 amps with him.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
its not modded, he uses a hot plate attenuator, that's about the only modification apparent. He uses 2 combo amps and has them both mic'd up with 2 microphones.

Although, he does have a lot of pedals to modify his sound
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Dec 14, 2008,
There is such a thing as a VC50 model?
Ibanez RG1570
Laney VC15
Boss CH-1 MT-2 EQ-7 CS-3 NS-2
Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol
Last edited by Sammydemon at Dec 17, 2008,
There was. It's discontinued now, but it's a 50 watt combo version of the VH100R. It's completely different to the VC15 you have.
Different is a nice way of saying......
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Due to the size and weight of this amp, collection is preferred or I will deliver within a 10-mile radius of Bolton for petrol money.

My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
lol what?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Any more opinions on the amp guys? Will post pics when it arrives
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Well, its different from anything around.

Rarer than most.

Though my fav. Laney is the Iommi model or the old OD ones he used to use!
Some of those beat Plexis at their own game.
haven't tried it, it's meant to be nice though. the vh100r is pretty nice, the vc50 is the combo of that, isn't it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep Pretty much my head but portable and with more than one channel Any opinions on the new speakers dave? Celestion classic lead 80's

They seem like a pretty expensive upgrade

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350135649811&cguid=3ba33f5111e0a0aad3255465fea75119

The Classic Lead has that special something that lead guitarists dream of speed, definition and punch along with amazing articulation, particularly on big, distorted sounds. Even with the amp screaming, every note is still sweet, clear and very loud. Players find that the Classic Leads combination of speed and articulate clarity, with punch, sparkle and a very fluid feel, work well for many styles.

Sounds good :P
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Dec 15, 2008,
yeah, they're meant to be nice speakers, but i haven't tried them. i think they come stock in some of the tt combos (the 50 watt 1x12 i think)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the Classic Leads in my THD - utterly superb.

Id take them over V30s and G12-75s any day
Quote by sharpant
Different is a nice way of saying......

pretty much I have a VC15 and the VC50 is so much better. The 15 still has its place, but the 50 my favourite Laney
Good to hear thanks for that Dave(S)
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by davedoom
I have the Classic Leads in my THD - utterly superb.

Id take them over V30s and G12-75s any day

did they come stock? i tried a thd cab a while back, was pretty nice. but i was trying it with thd amps i hadn't tried before, so it's hard to say how much of that was the amp, and how much the cab...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
did they come stock? i tried a thd cab a while back, was pretty nice. but i was trying it with thd amps i hadn't tried before, so it's hard to say how much of that was the amp, and how much the cab...

Sort of - they can come custom custom if you know what i mean....

This was one of the early cabs with the Celestions, but the new ones with THD branded speakers are just voiced to their specifications from the original Celestions.
They are called Longhorn and Vintage in which they put in - but they are just extremely broken in.
Trying my one next to my friends with the different speakers - there is change, but due to the construction of the cab which gives it its true sound, there is remarkably little difference.

Last edited by davedoom at Dec 15, 2008,
oh ok. i guess the one i tried had the thd customised speakers... EDIT: that's a crazy covering on your cab
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2