'tis an ancient jazz box. Is there any other pics of the guy holding it, I would just like to see the writing on the pickguard.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Gretsch has other whammy bars I think
Gibson Melody Maker?

oh, and my retarded answer: it's a guitar, man...
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by ShredGod George
mayhaps a hagstrom

I was thinking this, but it might be really old Rick (no not like '60s old, '20s old).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That could be a plethora of things, you can't see the headstock on it. Although it does look a lot like a Kay archtop I used to have. I'll try and find a picture of one for ya...

EDIT: Here ya go. This one was made in the mid 50's, most of them had electronics like the one in your pic. They offered a few different finishes and inlay choices too. Mine was a lot like this, except my block inlays weren't quite as big.. Google 'Kay Archtop' and a million of these pop up

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Dec 14, 2008,
Sorry that was the best pic I could find but tThanks for the feed back and does anyone know anyones like that which are kinda cheap like up to £550 perferably electric acoustic?
Last edited by will_ot at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Base Ics
Gibson Melody Maker?

melody makers are solid body

i think its probably a hagstrom look at what you can see of the logo on the pickgaurd
Quote by bacon n eggz
i think its probably a hagstrom look at what you can see of the logo on the pickgaurd

Yeah, that's actually not similar at all.
Quote by bacon n eggz
look at what you can see of the logo on the pickgaurd

It looks like "ay" from "Kay" to be honest. They changed their logos soo much when they made these. They put them on the pickguard on some of them. I've been trying to find a pic of one like this, but I've found 12 different designs so far...

EDIT: TS, who is this in the picture? We might be able to track down the guitars he used and go from there
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Harmony Guitars

It's either custom, or vintage, because I couldn't find one in that color with no cutaways, and only on pup*.

This is nice Harmony guitars database, and I've linked you straight through to all the Jazzboxes they ever did. I couldn't find this exact one though, so as I said, probably custom, or at least modified.

Funny trivia: Turns out they but the brand name on the pickguard, and the model name on the headstock, where you'd normally find the brand logo.

Edit1:
its a hagstrom. at 2.07 you can clearly see the logo on the guard

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKql...feature=related

Again, I fail to see how anyone could read that as Hagström...

edit2 * forget that, I just found this. That, in combination with a blurry pic of the video at 0:42, a view of the headstock, which matches with this, leads me to believe we've found a winner:

The Harmony Hollywood , built from '56 to '67.
Last edited by Y00p at Dec 14, 2008,
Thanks so much. It's probably quite a bit out of my budget so can you think of anything just like that for up to £600. Thanks
Quote by will_ot
Thanks so much. It's probably quite a bit out of my budget so can you think of anything just like that for up to £600. Thanks

Actually, these offbrand jazz boxes can be had fairly cheap if you wait for one that is in good shape, otherwise they likely won't be worth the money you put into them unless you dig the guitar.
Quote by Base Ics
Gibson Melody Maker?

Umm...your retarded answer was the Gibson Melody Maker. It in no way, shape, or form looks anything like a GMM.