how do you reckon the intro do voodoo child by god (hendrix) would sound on bass?
with wah pedal and everything?

Me and drummer think it would be so epic to do the intro on bass and then let the uitar launch into the main song.

ive looked up the guitar tabs and its totally playable on bass.

what do you lot reckon?
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Why don't you play it and find out?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Why don't you play it and find out?

i second this. did you have to make a thread on it, whent you could just connect your bass to yur pedals and your amp, and follow a tab?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Well ive always like the main riff, but the best/most daring version on bass ive heard is Robert Randolph and the Family Band doing it an Bonnerro. The bassist for that band is a great slap bassist, very Stanley Clarke'ey and he does it on a six string.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
I bet it's... boring. I hardly ever listen to it ALLLL the way through.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
It's not all that daring... I'm sure many people have done it.

Exactly, iirc Ben Harper does something along those lines live. Quite frequently to boot.

To be really daring you need to completely change the interpretation of the song, at least imo, for example: http://www.last.fm/music/Acoustic+Ladyland/Camouflage/Routinely+Denied+(No+Return)

Quite possibly the best reinterpretation of a piece of popular music in the last 40 years.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Last edited by sinan90 at Dec 14, 2008,
I've done this a few times, basically the main riff with the wah, chords and all, outlining the vocal melody on bass. Learn the E minor pentatonic scale. It's basically the entire song. Melody included. Yay.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^honestly, I love Hendrix but that pretty much describes 2/3rd of his catalogue, lol.
It also describes 2/3 of MY catalogue, too
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
On a Buckethead DVD I have, the bassist plays the intro to it in the middle of a song, with wah and everything quite well.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL