Ok, Quick Question, what would happen if i placed a neck pickup in bridge position. im just wondering because based on feedback i may put an active EMG neck pickup in bridge position, thank you
lower output compared to a dedicated bridge pickup is all i can think of

i don't think there is any reason you can't do it
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
the pickups designed for neck have a bit less output, but you can do it, unless your bridge is a Floyd rose and you need an F-spaced pickup
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
which kind of active EMG neck pickup, 85? 89? or 60? 81's can be used in the neck too.
I don't know about EMG specifically, but most pickups are made in neck and bridge variations which are designed to balance out the volume and tonal differences between the locations somewhat, so a neck-position EMG 81, for example, would be slightly lower output and have more highs than one intended for the bridge-position, because the sound is naturally louder and bassier at the neck. Essentially, putting a neck pickup in the bridge spot will probably sound thinner and weaker than one that's intended to go there.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Missingno476
I don't know about EMG specifically, but most pickups are made in neck and bridge variations which are designed to balance out the volume and tonal differences between the locations somewhat, so a neck-position EMG 81, for example, would be slightly lower output and have more highs than one intended for the bridge-position, because the sound is naturally louder and bassier at the neck. Essentially, putting a neck pickup in the bridge spot will probably sound thinner and weaker than one that's intended to go there.

Most pickup companys do make a bridge and neck version of their pickups but EMG does not. An EMG 81 is just an 81. They make an 81TW for coil tapping but it can be used in the bridge or neck just like the regular 81.
Well, I actually did the opposite myself, I used a 59b in the neck to get a little hotter neck output. You could do the same with the bridge, put a neck pickup in it to get a little softer output. If you have a guitar with neck and bridge pups in it now, I suggest just putting the neck in the bridge position and seeing if you like the difference.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.