I need to know if I'm where I should be. I've been playing for around 2 and a half years. Just list stuff and I'll post if I know it or not.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
you should be as good as how much you practiced and how much you learned

+1

It's completely personal
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
you should be as good as how much you practiced and how much you learned

Primarily this.

I could ask you if you've learned sweeping, tapping, tricky legato, string skipping and everything combined, but probably not.
It all depends on how much time you spend studying the guitar and it's techniques as opposed to actually playing fun songs on it.
Quote by neptune1988
I need to know if I'm where I should be. I've been playing for around 2 and a half years. Just list stuff and I'll post if I know it or not.

How about you tell us what you can do and we'll tell you if you're in the slot, or a little outside.
-_-'' is it so hard to get a straight answer out of ugers

c'mon, you guys KNOW what he's asking. yes, "you should be as good as how much you practiced and how much you learned," that's true, but he's asking what you guys think would be the norm for 2.5 years of playing, and personally from what I've seen, for 2.5 years of playing a lot of people have already hit the plateau for speed, so around 8-10 notes per second. i've been playing for 2 years, and im at 9nps and capped, no time to really practice enough and break past that plateau for now, so yeah.
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves