so i'm looking at getting a talk box for my guitar for christmas and i have been looking around and the rocktron talkboxes seem the best i'm just trying to figure out which is better for me

link

is the rocktron banshee 2 worth the extra money for the effects it includes?

also from what i understand i just plug this in my pedal board set up and i don't need a microphone

please correct me if i'm wrong

thanks
also i have a kerry king practice amp link

if i do need a mic can i use this to produce the vocals for the talk box sound i'm looking for?
honestly i dont think the 2 is wortht he extra money but thats jusdt personal, but for just practicing its fine to just plug in like normal but its no where near loud enough for live, i think the output from it is like 5 watts im pretty sure, so live youd still need to mic it, honestly i dont think its worth it, also from what ive heard the rocktron sounds kinda crappy, like the tone isnt that great, since youd need to mic it for live playin anyways just look into a dunlop heil or somethin of the sort, also search talk boxes on yahoo answers theres a decent amount of good stuff about them on there
well seeing as how these are the best talkboxes out there do you guys think the extra addons on the banshee2 are worth it? can i use it as just an effect pedal? without the talkbox?
Quote by kasmir6489
well seeing as how these are the best talkboxes out there do you guys think the extra addons on the banshee2 are worth it? can i use it as just an effect pedal? without the talkbox?

those arent the best talkboxes out there, they arent even the best for the money, dunlop heil, framptone, those are two of the best/most for your money talk boxes, no you probabaly could not just use the extra effects unless the actual talkbox has 2 sepearte channels, and once again personally i dont think it is worth it for the extra effects, but if you like having wway over effected guitar playing then thats fine then id say fork out the money, but the rocktron boxes are not that great compared to others
works well... you can do a lot with it
Swells, filter-type sounds, wah-sounds, etc.
it all depends on your mouth, but the upside to this thing is you dont need like an extra halfstack its like a normal effect so its really cool.
i use a compressor with mine but i use a compressor with everything except acoustic guitars.
i have the original Banshee and it is a phenomenal effect. I can only imagine the Banshee II would be better
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
i have the original Banshee and it is a phenomenal effect. I can only imagine the Banshee II would be better

would you spend the extra money on the 2 or is the one just fine?
the original is perfect and very basic with no confusing parts. I havn't read up on the Banshee II yet. It's up to you
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"