What is a good amp, that gives me that Hendrix, Clapton, Beatley, creamy crunchy 60's distortion and tone? and, however, relatively cheap.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
check out laney.
Gear:

2007 Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (MIA)

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25

Yamaha Acoustic

Member of the Eric Johnson Worshippers Club.
a 1959slp marshall plexi, or the 50watt version. sperates the chickens from the hens, no master volume baby.
spending up to $400

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
I would say Vox AC30, since just about every band out of England for a period of time, but its a bit out of your price range. Definitely go tube though for that sound.
Hendrix used princetons and bassmans with a fuzz face in the studio, marshall plexis live. I think clapton used a bluesbreaker for his cream stuff. Beatles used vox super beatles if I'm not mistaken.

None of the bands mentioned used an AC30....
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
also, if the amp can include high gain, really high gain, to get the sound on the beatles 'revolution' single version, not white album version, or hey hey my my into the black by neil young.

Fuck Canada
Those bands don't use what would be considered high gain, maybe a youtube example of what you're looking for?
I find this amp a pretty good deal, 100W, and a footswitch for only 350 however I don't know if it will fit my needs
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Frontman-212R-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481601

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87yq372R4Ts revolution, 2:00-2:09 is where you can hear it easiest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYV6PAckr5w neil young

Fuck Canada
Last edited by that soccer kid at Dec 14, 2008,
That's a terrible amp. Also, that high gain is a fuzz pedals, no amp can produce that sound on it's own, except the vox super beatle which has built in fuzz.
the fender is terrible? alright. i'll look at voxes and test em out

Fuck Canada
Yeah, the fender is terrible, and current vox amps sound nothing like that and finding a super beatle will probably be next to impossible.
well, it should be more than 20 watts, considering i already have that. the shop nearest me has a lot of obscure amps that i'd like to look at, however i am not sure where to start at all.

this may seem like a joke, but should i even look into this haha
http://desmoines.backpage.com/MusicEquipForSale/_120_for_60_s_heath_ta_guitar_amp/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=1284031

Fuck Canada
to ts, you're going to need a tube/valve amp, not a SS
Try out some amps and please dont buy that fender

Edit: Why the **** do you want your amp so loud? How much headroom do you need?
Last edited by jarudy at Dec 15, 2008,
what about the amp, made in 1967? that's probably the best year for the sound/tone im looking for as well. however im no amp expert, or even knowledgeable with amps

Fuck Canada
The year means nothing on that amp. Just because two amps were made in the same year does not mean they sound a like. No one is going to confuse Eric Clapton's Bluesbreakers tone with anything the Beatles put out. A '65 Twin Reverb sounds completely different from a '65 JTM45.

Also, I don't know how anal you are about getting exact tones, but Clapton, Hendrix and the Beatles all sound completely different.

No one with ears can get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvFG0VnIurM confused with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZA5jwAGDCQ
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 15, 2008,
what is your current amp?
if your still beginning, i would reccomend the Vox AD30. that should cover alot 60s soudns, and also do some other stuff should you need more.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
my current amp is a roland 20

EDIt: in case you didnt know my budget is about $400

Fuck Canada
Last edited by that soccer kid at Dec 17, 2008,
i suggest a blackheart little giant
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
revolution isn't 'high gain' it's a fuzz pedal. I would recommend getting an amp that gets the tones you like for the rest of the music you'd liek to play, and then get a fuzz for fuzz sound...
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
what about a used classic 30? They have nice cleans and may be able to get a 60s tone with the right eqing
i suppose im just looking for a quality amp, and a fuzz pedal, i suppose i can narrow it down to crosstown traffic kind of sound.

Fuck Canada