i have $650 dollars and im tired of my current guitar. the amp i have right now is in my sig. I tend to play bands like metallica, but i also play ac/dc, gnr and aerosmith. you can suggest either a stock guitar or a guitar with different pickups. hell, you can even suggest a stock guitar and tell me what pickups to get once i have enough money. thanks for your help
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
a mim stratocaster with a pickup swap...something like that ywngie malmsteen prewired pickguard.
or better yet, just get that malmsteen pickguard
EDIT: didnt you just post a thread about sgs and p-90s....?
new amp first
EDIT #2: only get a marshall amp if its something like a jcm 800.
dont get an MG or any other mid price/low end amps
whats your price range for that amp?
Last edited by stratdud39 at Dec 14, 2008,
oh yeah, and i intend on getting a marshall amp after the guitar, so yeah... just thought that might be somewhat needed information
Gear
Amp - Crate FXT65

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
Epiphone LP standard.
Mexican made Strat
Maybe a used American made strat
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Get a Schecter.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Jackson Dinky, or RR3
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
i agree with cliff get a schecter
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
I'd get used Epiphone Les Paul, maybe a Standard or Plus or whatever. You can find good deals on them used ALL the time.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by stratdud39
a mim stratocaster with a pickup swap...something like that ywngie malmsteen prewired pickguard.
or better yet, just get that malmsteen pickguard
EDIT: didnt you just post a thread about sgs and p-90s....?
new amp first
EDIT #2: only get a marshall amp if its something like a jcm 800.
dont get an MG or any other mid price/low end amps
whats your price range for that amp?

well sir, i need the new guitar because the one im using right now is basically wak-mart quality and it is breaking down, so i actually need the new guitar and want something decent. The amp price range will probably be around the same, maybe a little higher
Gear
Amp - Crate FXT65

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
Go around finding the type of feel in a guitar you like. If you like the feel of a thinner, but wide neck with a compound radius fretboard, go Jackson. If you like a chunkier feel, check out a Schecter. Ibanez have paper-clip thin necks on their super strats if that is your thing. ESP has a variety of models. Fender and Gibson stick to traditional shapes and radii. Also, look used; in general, you get more for your money and if you get in a crunch, you can make your money back if you made a smart buy.
Schecter C-1 blackjack or the C-1 XXX

Maybe even the tonepros version of the Hellraiser

But the blacjack and XXX come stock with a set of real duncan pickups(JB and '59 set) with coil splitting so you get a lot of tonal options without having to replace them.The blackjack is 600 and I think the XXX is 500.

EDIT: Maybe explaining the pups would help

The JB is in my experience,a very versatile distortion pickup for metal and hard rock,you can squeeze a lot of sounds out of it and the only problem I've had with it is it getting muddy when played with really low tunings,but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

The '59 is a lower output,warmer pup compared to the JB and is good for classic rock and cleaner tones and warm solos.

Hope that helps

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 14, 2008,
i saw a Schecter C-1 hellraiser for $666
Dam good guitar for a reasonable price
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by alex-led-zepp91
i saw a Schecter C-1 hellraiser for $666
Dam good guitar for a reasonable price

icwutudidthar
ಠ_ಠ