so i just heard about this guy a little while ago...he's definitely the best acoustic guitarist ive ever heard. so anyway, back to the question...what would be a good song of his to learn that wont be too horribly hard?

EDIT: Also, please include the tuning
Quote by mogan777
so i just heard about this guy a little while ago...he's definitely the best acoustic guitarist ive ever heard. so anyway, back to the question...what would be a good song of his to learn that wont be too horribly hard?

EDIT: Also, please include the tuning

Everything he does is horribly hard ... There's no denying that.

If you've never played an acoustic before I'd suggest you play some easier songs first ...

If you are a little more experienced ... pick the song you like most and start practising!! You'll learn it faster because you like it better ( atleast that's how it works for me )

Tommy Emmanuel is better ...
Drifting isn't too hard if you get the timing right and are ok tapping both hands. Think its open D tuning from memory.

Rylynn is fairly easy. Can't remember the tuning, I know he uses a partial capo for it.

EDIT: I recommend watching on youtube if you haven't already. It would help heaps.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Last edited by stockylachy at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Nielsyboy
Everything he does is horribly hard ... There's no denying that.

If you've never played an acoustic before I'd suggest you play some easier songs first ...

If you are a little more experienced ... pick the song you like most and start practising!! You'll learn it faster because you like it better ( atleast that's how it works for me )

Tommy Emmanuel is better ...

lol i saw that little "Tommy Emmanuel is better" thing. i just looked him up. im not sure if he's better, but he's definitely up there.
I saw Andy Mckee couple of months ago, he just plays so effortlessly, Drifting I know is one of his easier songs though if you can time your hands to tap, strum and do perscussion, in drop d too.
If your still looking... the first Andy McKee song I partially learned how to play was "For My Father"... Tuning is ECDGAD I think..
for my father is quite easy, as well as drifting (believe it or not). personally i think rylynn is very hard. it took me a long time to learn.
Have you tried to play "All Laid Back and Stuff"? That one is not very hard.