Hey guys,

I plan on getting a g major effects processor and want to run it through my head with my BBE sonic maximizer and using behringer fb 1010 midi controller...

how would i run it so i would be able to control my BBE, control the g major, and be able to switch between channels on my amp?

i was thinking:
fx loop out--- g major in--- g major out---sonic maximizer in-- sm out--- fx loop in
but i have no idea how to connect and what to connect to in order to make my midi controller change the channels on my amp.
thanks guys!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
ughhh

desperate bump
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
I would place them in this order so that the decay of the delays and reverbs, and effects are not changed by the Sonic maximizer

amp send->Sonic Maximizer->G-major->amp return

However, the 6505's foot switch out is a 7-pin midi cord,when the G-major, uses a 5 pin midi chord.
Last edited by Guitargod12345 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Guitargod12345
I would place them in this order so that the decay of the delays and reverbs, and effects are not changed by the Sonic maximizer

amp send->Sonic Maximizer->G-major->amp return

However, the 6505's foot switch out is a 7-pin midi cord,when the G-major, uses a 5 pin midi chord.

hmm

i thought there was another way of switching by using a standard cable or a speaker cable....
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
^^
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Can I find something that can act as a channel switching box or component? I mean like. Just bc the 6505 doesn't have channel switching jacks doesn't mean they don't make someething to do so....there's always a backup!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
If I remember right, you can use a 5 pin in a 7 pin slot. Since you don't use but 3 pins in either anyway, I don't see why you couldn't. Unless there are other things that the 7 pin does that would be left behind. But, since all the info it sends is a program change, it should be okay to use the 5 instead of the 7. And it won't hurt anything to try it. It might change some setting but you can always restore defaults.
You need a seperate MIDI processor because the 6505 ddoesn't have MIDI capabilities.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Righty, what you'd want to do is hit up the TC-Electronic forums, they might already know of how to do it. If not the tech guys at TC rule and if you provide them the amps schematics they will come up with a box to go between the g-majors relay and the amp. You will have to build the box of tricks but they tend to be simple and cheap to get the parts.

Id be majorly surprised if its not been done already so the info should be out there, it's not exactly an obscure amp

Id first try the Sonic Maximizer then the Gmajor in the loop to keep the effects as clean as possible but then its not a complicated setup so id try both ways just to see how it turns out.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Jan 6, 2009,
The 6505+ has more footswitchable functions than can be controlled with the two relays in the G-Major. This is exactly why Peavey had to use 7 pin DIN plugs and jacks instead of the less expensive (and far more common) 1/4" TRS connectors. In addition, the 6505+ doesn't have Midi capabilities in and of itself, it just happens to use the same type of connector that most Midi phantom power setups use.

All of that being said, if you want Midi control over your 6505+ then you'll have to invest in a contraption that was designed to add Midi control to non-Midi amplifiers, such as the Axess CFX4 (see link in my previous post) or the RJM Amp Gizmo. Both of these are easy to set up, easy to program, and have custom cables available so that all you have to do is connect the two devices using the standard footswitch jack on the amp.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
hey guys!

wow, i love UG
thanks for all the responses
helpful ones that is, there hasnt been a single "**** it and go fap" answer yet!

ile look into everything!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
god damn
i got 900 dollars worth of stuff for christmas so i really really dont think i can even fathom getting this thing for a while

so, ile spend the 20 bucks, get a nice pair of tap shoes until like august =]
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
god damn
i got 900 dollars worth of stuff for christmas so i really really dont think i can even fathom getting this thing for a while

so, ile spend the 20 bucks, get a nice pair of tap shoes until like august =]

If I would have seen a budget limit posted anywhere, I wouldn't have posted.

Sorry, it's a pay to play game, and the more features/control/quality you want-- the fees to play the game, go up accordingly.

Quote by zachman5150
If I would have seen a budget limit posted anywhere, I wouldn't have posted.

Sorry, it's a pay to play game, and the more features/control/quality you want-- the fees to play the game, go up accordingly.

lol its fine, i would assume that it would be alot, because MIDI just likes to eat wallets even if its just a channel switcher... haha

but yeah,thanks ile look into it for sometime within the year =]
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
lol its fine, i would assume that it would be alot, because MIDI just likes to eat wallets even if its just a channel switcher... haha

but yeah,thanks ile look into it for sometime within the year =]

I hear you, but MIDI doesn't necessarily mean expensive. It's wanting a zillion specific features and mega control that usually ends up meaning expensive.

Just clarifying...

If the 6505+ has an output for the footswitch, You should be able to link it to the G-Major, if it hasn't got the connections, the FCB-1010 has a input & output for a set of channel footswitches.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do