Never played one with double bucks, but I found the single buck Stingray decent. But it also had a maple fretboard. And a black finish. =/
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They are nice basses. Hoever, I'd personally get the 20th anniversary model since I can't stand the fugly pickguard.

Yeah, I think in looks better without it. Part of the reason I chose Transparent Teal is because it works okay with the pickgaurd. I wish I could get the head in the same color as the neck. Got a link or something to the 20th anniversary model?
Sonically, they are almost as nice as the Bongos, but I agree with Ben--I prefer the teardrop pickguard over that one.
damn thats a fine bass
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Utter secks. But the one I played was a fair bit lighter in colour.

Wow. I wouldn't say that's my color, but.... wow. Forget my foot, I'd cut out my SOUL for that... does it come in dark blue instead of red?

personally I think this ones cooler
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass

personally I think this ones cooler

Looks cooler, but second pickup is single coil. Sorry, but it is inferior. Still wanna see one with a dark blue inside for the finish, without one of those stupid pickgaurds, but maybe they don't have them.
Quote by herby190
Looks cooler, but second pickup is single coil. Sorry, but it is inferior. Still wanna see one with a dark blue inside for the finish, without one of those stupid pickgaurds, but maybe they don't have them.

Most of the 20th anni SR5s came in that colour, however they made 1 or 2 in trans black and 1 or 2 (LITERALLY one or two) in dark trans blue, it looked the utter sex and musicians friend had one (dunno if they still do) but you were looking at about $4,000.

Also i've played an HH SR5, and while the neck width and string spacing isn't for me, it sounded amazing and the neck felt buttery smooth. Also rosewood board? pfft, it's all about the maple

Is this what you are looking for? If so, yes the majors ie Musicians Friend aren't carrying them , but check the boutique guitar shops and web sites and you may find a few still out there.
Mine's nicer! Black on black baby! Best sounding bass I have ever played. It was like Wayne's World with the Stratocaster.

looks like a tabletop... but i like it!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I cant wait to get a stingray of my own. A four string though, in natural with a tort pickguard. Most likely a single humbucker, but maybe 2.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul