Ok, i don't really want anything that has too many effects. i just want a straight-up, straight-forward good delay. i'm thinking about waiting for the Satriani signature coming out sometime next year, what do y'all think? Or will a simple DD-6 do the trick?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by killerscorpion
Dd-7

i dont need that many features. i dont need a loop, i dont need reverse, and i dont need that long of a delay.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If you want something simple and good-sounding, I'd recommend a Boss DD-3. To quote something rarer than a guitar noob who knows what their talking about, specifically a youtube commenter who isn't an idiot;

"DD3's are actually quite amazing. Although they are limited by todays standards of multi-functionality, They use the same compressor/expander chips as an analog delay. Unlike the DD5, DD6 & DD7, the DD3 resamples the echo's each repeat, and has a unique quantizing element to the chip. The latter models merely regurgitate the same Bit samples for each and subsequent echo's. Thus, putting 2 DD3's in series (mono) you can generate some unique rhythm rides you cannot achieve any other way. Really."
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
lol....i got the DD-6 and the DD-3 confused....

thanks for posting that!!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I haave the DD-6, and its amazing, but if you dont want reverse and the awsome warp setting, then go for the DD-3. The only reason I would buy the DD-7 is for the Analog setting, but I have a analog delay pedal, so its all good.
The 7 has tap tempo and so does the 6 I think. That's reason enough to buy one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The 7 has tap tempo and so does the 6 I think. That's reason enough to buy one.

Yes, I find tap tempo absolutely essential in a delay. If you can somehow live without it, look at the MXR Carbon Copy.
Sounds like you want an Ibanez DE7 or a MXR Carbon Copy.

I have a DD-20 and absolutely adore it.
If you want tap tempo, go with a DD-7. Otherwise, a DD-3 or a Carbon Copy ought to do ya.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I vote DD-3 or Carbon Copy (CC is prolly the most "no frills") if you're in a hurry, otherwise why wouldn't you wait to see how the Satch pedal turns out?
Quote by B. Jammin
I vote DD-3 or Carbon Copy (CC is prolly the most "no frills") if you're in a hurry, otherwise why wouldn't you wait to see how the Satch pedal turns out?

thats wat im thinking....i just dont know if i want to wait possibly another 6 months or more for a delay lol...oh well, we'll see
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
thats wat im thinking....i just dont know if i want to wait possibly another 6 months or more for a delay lol...oh well, we'll see

I can't say for sure, but judging by the fact that Vox already has a finalized looking version of the Time Machine on their website I'd say the early '09 release date should be pretty accurate. Unless they wait to release it with the Satriani wah.

You could also look at just getting a nice delay like the DD-7 now as well, might be less disappointing if the Time Machine turns out good.