the age old question of how many watts. im a bass player in a band im looking for new amp(combo or stack). im looking for an amp thats is cheap yet has enough power so what i want to know is how many watts would be suttable for small to medium gigs?
price range?
genre?

i'd get a ashdown combo if i were you, wait, i already did buy one and they're sick.
check the ashdown MAG series
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
If you are getting mic'd as long as it sounds good you should be ok. without mic I do not suggest below 150 for small gigs(that's like bar sized without bar volume) and don't go below about 300 otherwise. I use 225 watts but that's tube and not solid state. So using the equation that i've heard that a tube amp will be about 2-3 times as loud as it's SS counterpart I'm running about 450-675W SS volume. It's PLENTY loud. no mics needed with my 2 4x10's
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Depends on the cab. If it's like a 112 or some other small cab, 200 or so should give you adequate stage volume. If you've got a bigger cab like a 115 or a 410, you can get by with 120 or so easily.
Nope, no sig here.
I say a ~300W combo of any sort should work just fine. I gig with a 350W 212 setup, leaving my 115 at home because I can't be bothered. Hopefully after the holidays I'll have a 212 that makes my amp run at 600W.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..