Hi I'm looking at new valves/tubes (for the americans out there) for my Marshall does anyone have any recomendations for great valves that give me a great distortion (high distortion suitable for heavy stuff) and beefy, first time I've bought valves so I don't have a clue really what I'm going for, because I have no expierience

any ideas?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Marshall TSL 60 sorry, I actually forgot to put that in there!!
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
I'd recommend JJ's, you can order them from Eurotubes. They should have a full retube kit for the TSL there, and maybe something geared for higher gain.
They take 4 ecc83's (aparently the same as 12ax7's, but I dunno) and 2 El34's
Quote by Bazilisck311
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
I'd recommend JJ's, you can order them from Eurotubes. They should have a full retube kit for the TSL there, and maybe something geared for higher gain.

Yeah thats a real propper plan cause they do cool sets geared for high gain, but does anyone know of any english web sites that sell good sets?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Marshall TSL60 Amps - High Gain Option with KT77's.
Price: 90.00
Description: More chunk and more gain! This kit includes a matched pair of the JJ KT77's and four hand picked high gain ECC83S's with one balanced for the phase inverter in V4.

what is a phase inverter?
Quote by Bazilisck311
i find it kind of funny that "eurotubes" is in fact an american company haha.
you could probably pick out a set you want from that website and possibly shop on ebay nearer to where you live for them? ebay is a pretty decent place to get tubes; they're generally cheaper.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
i find it kind of funny that "eurotubes" is in fact an american company haha.
you could probably pick out a set you want from that website and possibly shop on ebay nearer to where you live for them? ebay is a pretty decent place to get tubes; they're generally cheaper.

Thank You
Quote by Bazilisck311