Poll: Mesa Boogie F-30 or VHT Pitbull Classic?
Poll Options
View poll results: Mesa Boogie F-30 or VHT Pitbull Classic?
Mesa Boogie F-30
5 36%
VHT Pitbull Classic
9 64%
Voters: 14.
I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the Pitbull at the moment.

The Pitbull I found has a Graphic EQ (most don't). If anybody has experience with these amps (ESPECIALLY the VHT), please give me your thoughts on it.

I play Modern Metal mainly, occasional blues/cleans.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Pitbull

/thread
The Pitbull probably has much better resale value. I've also heard the F-30 is either clean cleans or the hardest metal known the man, which isn't good if you want to start branching out into other genres.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by imgooley
Pitbull

/thread

I had a feeling that might be the result.

Which model of the Pitbull did you play goolz?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
I had a feeling that might be the result.

Which model of the Pitbull did you play goolz?

The 50 watt model IIRC. With the Graphic EQ
Pittbull. No contest honestly. Even if it was DC vs Pittbull, i'd go Pittbull and I love the hell outta my DC head. It can quite literally do anything genre wise with a variety of guitars (ie don't plug a BC Rich V with EMGs in it and expect to nail an Albert Collins sound...close, but not quite).
Quote by imgooley
The 50 watt model IIRC. With the Graphic EQ

Did you ever get a sense that there wasn't enough gain?

I've heard another person say this about their Pitbull.. but then again I've heard someone say that Classic w/ EQ has more gain than the Ultra Lead

^That's some pretty high praise man
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Argh, should have remembered to make it an open poll.

I've had a couple of people say its Pitbull, no contest - yet the poll is tied :/

Care to explain, those who voted?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Did you ever get a sense that there wasn't enough gain?

I've heard another person say this about their Pitbull.. but then again I've heard someone say that Classic w/ EQ has more gain than the Ultra Lead

^That's some pretty high praise man

I got the sense that there was too much gain
The F30 is solid... but the pitbull is GODLY.... that is my honest opinion. I love VHT...
Im sure the Pitbull is better than the F30 but I also think they have two very different tones. This is sorta apples to oranges.
My gut is telling that the 'Classic' is more geared towards rock... maybe you should ask the VHT forum?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by mike.h
Argh, should have remembered to make it an open poll.

I've had a couple of people say its Pitbull, no contest - yet the poll is tied :/

Care to explain, those who voted?

that's why you should never make a poll. it lets people post their opinion without having to justify it. you get more responses, but no way of differentiating the informed opinions from the uninformed... plus people could be voting for a laugh, trolling, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?