My high e string keeps breaking when I tune it down, it has happened twice the same way, any help or advice so it doesn't keep on happening?
No Signature?
Join The Club...
tuning down? get better strings.

i put nice new strings on my jackson and i started playing and i bent a note about a step or two up and the string snaps, within 5 minutes of putting the string on.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
tune it to e and not to the next a#. but really, i'm assuming you mean your tuning down to d or c or something to that nature and then trying to go back to e later. if so, tune it back to e slower and make intervals where you play the string a little bit to loosen it up a bit. if that doesn't work, stop tuning while your high.
Quote by rockinsk8r91
tune it to e and not to the next a#. but really, i'm assuming you mean your tuning down to d or c or something to that nature and then trying to go back to e later. if so, tune it back to e slower and make intervals where you play the string a little bit to loosen it up a bit. if that doesn't work, stop tuning while your high.

It's actually when I tune from e to db-c but im gonna upgrade my strings this time.
No Signature?
Join The Club...
Get thicker strings too.

...but that could also affect your playing. So that's probably not the best option.
Quote by Shallow Memory
Get thicker strings too.

the last string that snapped was a .011
No Signature?
Join The Club...