I hope this is the right section but I have a Schecter hellraiser avenger, about a year old and when i flip the switch up to neck pickup only there's nothing. It has been doing this for a while, i will flip it up and the sound will stop and then i flip it back and forth then it will work, but now nothing just silence. This guitar does have active pickups, could it be a dead battery, or is it a wiring problem?
Change out batteries. If that doesn't work, open your wire compartment and check to make sure all your wiring is still together and very stable. Just 'cause it's connected, doesn't mean it's working, so check to make sure the wire connections are solid. If that doesn't help, then I guess you shuold just take it to a professional. If the thing's only a year old, then it shouldn't have a dead pickup yet.
check the battery like said.

if that's not it, it might be a dirty connection at the swtich.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if you have a dirty switch, you can just spray some compressed air into the switch while flicking it.

a can is a few dollars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011