ok my 100gbp build is nearly at an end and i have put srings on it and the electrics are in but i have a HORRENDOUS buzz. now i have grounded my pickups ( the best i can which was from input jack case to bridge because i am using the neck pickup and bridge pickup from a strat copy which its pckups just has white and bare wire) now i have one volume pot in there with no capacitors or anything like that. the majority of the buzz goes away when i touch the strings. but there is no buzz on my stagg superstrat or vantage guitar no matter what i do so what can i do to rid myself of this buzz?

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
Last edited by Warp3r at Dec 14, 2008,
Its not grounded as well as you think it is. If re grounding it dosen't work try sheilding it.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
re-grounding? all i did was attach a wire from input jack to bridge block and what is sheilding?
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
Edit:Just check how well your bead of solder looks if its dull it harded to quickly and just is'nt alowing proper conduction if its shiney your fine. You said you grounded to you bridge block is this guitar a fix bridge or a Tremolo guitar.

Sheilding is appling a metalic tape or paint to the inner cavitys to your guitar. If you know what metal ducting tape is! Thats what I used and I have no hum even with the Tv or other electrical things in a room on.

I think Stewmac has some sheilding supplies.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Supplies:_Shielding.html

My point is just recheck any lose wire.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Dec 14, 2008,
whats the difference between fixed and tremolo? andi didnt solderit i wrapped it round the block
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
If its a Tremolo attach to the claw for the springs, If it another type of bridge make sure that the ground is touching the metal on your bridge firmly.

Tremolo think Strat.
Fixed bridge think Tele.
The other fixed bridge (adjustable) type think Les Paul.
Last edited by Unherolike at Dec 14, 2008,
i think unherolike has the right idea - it definately sounds like a grounding issue - you have to solder the ground wire to the claw (the bit where the springs attach to the metal bit, at the end where the screws attach to the body) in the back of the body (the cut out where the tremolo springs go)
ok guys thanks for the help its sorted now!
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise