Well, christmas is coming up and that means it's time to decide which pedal I want. I've recently started a collection of pedals to replace my Boss ME-50. My deal is that I want to only get things that I think I'll still be satisfied with in a year. So far I've got the MXR 10-band EQ and Carbon Copy and now I want a phaser. My friend has the Phase-90 but I want to steer away from that due to the lack of control and steer away from Boss pedals due to their lack of a good phaser.

I've been looking online at some possibilities and I've come across the Pigtronix EP-1 Envelope Phaser, the Electro-Harmonix Worm, Flanger Hoax, and Small Stone, and the Phase-100.

I tried out the Worm in my local Sam Ash and I didn't think it had enough depth. I'm skeptical about the Small Stone because, again, it only has one knob and i've heard reports of them breaking easily. The Phase-100 is still a little bit lacking in control for what I want. The Pigtronix has gotten mixed reviews so I'm skeptical about that and the Flanger Hoax seems hard to tame and maybe too noisy or too diferent.

I'm looking for something not much more than 200 dollars, preferably less, and something that can get a slow, deep, Pink Floyd phase and other, subtler tones. If anyone has a favorite phaser, let me know. Something with an envelope filter would be nice but not necessarily a selling point.

Thanks a bunch for your help and merry Christmas and all that.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Homebrew Electronics makes a sweet phaser for vintage tones.
I've had a Small Stone for a few years and I haven't had any problems with it so far. The one depth switch is kinda simple, but it works.

By the way, how can a phaser be both deep and subtle at the same time? By deep, do you mean dark or warm?
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
I mean that I want to be able to control the parameters to the point that I can go from deep whooshing to subtle phase and in between as well. What price range are Homebrew's pedals?
My Gear
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
well i personally don't like the phase 90 because its's too dry...the small stone i like because it's more wet and full sounding, and the color switch lets you choose between 2 depths, one which is full, one, not so full...if you want a full depth phase shifter the small stone will still work great, try one. i personally have the boss phase shifter ph-3 and it sounds great. it sounds just like a phase 90 and a small stone, because i can tweak the resonance, which will add more intensity/backround sound/depth,overall ambience. i love the ph-3. you should try it before you just considor it bad. going off opinions isn't always the best idea. i strongly recommend you try the ph-3 because it's great, just as high quality as the other phasers. plus otehr cool phase modes.
I'm looking for something analog and, correct me if i'm wrong, the Boss is all digital. Any other suggestions?
My Gear
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
older boss phasers like the ph-1 and ph-2 are nicer than the ph-3. not as much control, but they are warmer and still have some good control. i have a ph-2 which i like a lot. its the phaser you hear in incubus songs. the ph-1 is more simple with just two knobs, but the ph-1r has a third knob for resonance. fairly versitile and sounds pretty damn nice. both of those you will have to go used though.

cant really think of anything else under $200 that hasnt been mentioned, so ill throw out some $300 phasers that are nice. the moog phaser is supposed to be pretty much the greatest phaser with a ton of control. the red witch moon phaser is supposed to be nice, and the maxon ph-350 is as well.

out of all the <$200 phasers id first try to snag a ph-1r on ebay, then id probably go for the phase 100. thats just personal prefrence though. unless i could get myself a used moog phaser on ebay for under $250 or so, i would just throw down the extra $50 and get that.
I just remembered that Moog is an option and after watching the demo, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna find one of these on eBay and get that. The general consensus seems to be that the Moog phaser is the best one in the world.
My Gear
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112