Well there's a product I use called finger-ease that's basically a guitar neck/string lubricant.It cleans gunk and grime off the strings and back of the neck and makes them feel a lot better.

The only thing is,I notice that my strings seem to be dying faster when I use this stuff on them than if I don't,does this stuff kill strings for anyone else or am I bat **** crazy?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Maybe they're just dying because you play like Jesus? I dunno, we use them too, and i don't notice them getting worse really.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G400
Gibson Firebird
Fender Telecaster
Fender Precision bass

Xbox Live Gamertag: Pipps0
I use Fast-Fret and have no problems with tone or strings going dead. I used to change strings every 2 months. Now I change them somewhere between 6 months and a year.
I don't think it should be doing that...
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Hmmmm....no idea,it was just some random thought that popped into my head.

I guess I'll do a comparison and string two guitars with the same strings and use the stuff on one and keep the other as a control.

Maybe I think it kills them faster because it makes them last so long and Ive forgotten what normal string wear is since I've used it for a long time.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by KG6_Steven
I use Fast-Fret and have no problems with tone or strings going dead. I used to change strings every 2 months. Now I change them somewhere between 6 months and a year.

And you can live with the tone?

To the TS, just make sure you clean your strings properly after playing, even if you didn't use the lubricant.

Also, this might sound weird, but try using natural skin oil as a lubricant. Rub the tips of your fingers over your forehead a bit, then play... it feels exactly the same, and it's easier than grabbing for the lubricant every time.